Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:39:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Isnt this illegal?

Started by oneandonly, Dec 11, 2003, 07:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneandonly

Psycho claiming on another board to have received my husbands credit report-note that while she claims the site she used does NOT include a credit report, she never denies getting this info...

http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167295

(Cookie97128 is psycho)

Indigo Mom

//www.casebreakers.com

Click on "sign up"

scroll through all the mumbo jumbo information, then look down at the bottom where it says "terms and conditions"

Scroll all the way down to section 13.

That's where you find the child support enforcement information.  BTW...did she happen to give your husband 10 days notice of her doing this by certified mail?  If not...ain't legal.

I copied section 13 into my wordpad but won't post it here as my ip and exact friggin location was documented and it says clearly "any fraudulent use of this service will be prosecuted.

Anyway, have at it...'taint legal the way she did it.

Indigo Mom

you should have an email.  I went through the SPARC site email thingiemajig....

MixedBag

I went and read the thread.

Sounds like she really didn't get an actual credit report and doesn't realize it.

My suggestion is to wait about a month, then have DH pull a copy of his credit report from all three agencies that are out there.

Every time someone checks your credit, it will be listed.  SO, if she did get an actual report, then it will show and you can take it from there.

Many agencies will pull information that they are allowed to which does come from credit reports, and sell it, and that's O.K.  It's when you end up with the loan numbers, and credit card numbers that you've actually stepped over the line.

Heck, the last time we pulled DH's credit report to make sure nothing was going on, it truncated his credit card numbers and loan numbers and I had to go back into my files to see which one was which.

I also suggest that he send a letter to each agency (yep, all three of them) to flag his record.  Mine is, and every time I have a situation where someone has to check my credit, I have to "run home" and answer the phone at home and authorize the release of the information.  

StPaulieGirl

I'm not sure about accessing credit reports.  I accessed my husband's credit report while we were separated, to see how bad things were.  I didn't have credit, however my name was on all the stuff he defaulted on.  In my situation, I guess I had a legal right since my name was on there.  I don't think the poster is going to try and access your info.  She would need your ss# to access your credit report.  She would need your real name to access your court records.  That, unfortunately isn't too hard to come by.  If your isp is in your name, there ya go.  Don't worry about it too much.  It seems that she did the research to help her own case.

It's a creepy thought though :-(

oneandonly

Everything copied and printed (by dh) for any future use~

MrR

Hey O...hope this helps.

http://www.epic.org/privacy/fcra/

oneandonly