Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Edwards Drops Out Of The Race

Started by StPaulieGirl, Mar 02, 2004, 07:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

About politics and why you feel they shouldn't be mentioned on this site.

This is why I wish politics were not mentioned on this board. It is a very devisive subject, on a board where we should all be united to fight for fathers and their rights to their children.

Who has the power to change the status quo?  Politicans!  Character counts, as we all come to realize eventually.  We need strong leaders who will clean up the mess in the courts.  We need to start at the local levels in our communities, and support and elect people who will come down on the side of fairness and decency in all areas.  Sounds easy, but it isn't.  This is also directly related to the character issue.  Many politicians will tell you exactly what you want to hear, but not mean a word.

The issues on this board can be directly related to politics, and the character of politicians.

I have many friends and family members that have served, and are serving in our military. Many of them were in Vietnam, and have seen war from the front lines. Most of them do not agree with you. I'm not sure why you think all military personnel are of single mind, but I assure you they are not. I would imagine they are pretty evenly split, much like the rest of America.

[p]Most of them don't agree with me/pd on what issue?  Hey here's a fun word association quiz.  

Jane Fonda.

Now seeing her name, what was the first thought that popped into your head?

If it was anything but traitor, please move to France....(remember "France and French" are now adjectives) )(

StPaulieGirl

Whatever SPG...you have so many posts but so little to say...provide facts that are relevant and whole, not some self-serving diatribe about blaming Bill Clinton for your lot in life.

[p]I merely pointed out that the terrorist threat was ignored on Bill Clinton's watch, and that Bush inherited the problems.  I also provided proof.  You of course have a right to your own opinions.

Madrone

>These are the folks who won't vote for Bush, so why shouldn't
>they be educated on some facts about other candidates?

Education on facts is great, if they are really FACTS. Speculation, propaganda, and misinformation do not apply.

It's also helpful to post the negatives on EITHER side - instead of trying to frame the debate to favor your side exclusively. There are 2 issues you do not agree with GWB on, you've stated. There's a lot more going on that bothers many of us than those 2 issues. The misinformation used to get us into Iraq (there was a poll a few months ago that showed 70% of people believed Saddam was directly involved in 9/11, and it WAS spun that way for awhile), the outing of an undercover agent, the fact that until 9/11 Bush didn't give 2 shits about terrorism, that he told the FBI to back off of investigations into the Bin Laden family and the Saudis, that he's not being forthcoming in the 9/11 commission - etc.

>"French" is an adjective in popular venacular these days.  

Actually, it's a pejorative, and it's only popular amongst those of the 'with me or with the terrorists" mentality that would like nothing more than to breathe new life into mccarthyism.

>[p]  You're right, Clinton sent a few cruise missiles and hit
>an aspirin factory, coincidently while the impeachment process
>was in full swing.  As far as Kerry's service record goes, it
>stinks like seven day old fish. Oh, btw did you know he served
>in Vietnam?

Clinton (whom I disagree with on MANY issues) did more than send a "few cruise missiles to an aspirin factory." He tripled the federal budget spending on terrorism, he caught and brought to justice the perps of the first WTC bombing, for example, that happened one month after he took office (all without pointing fingers and blaming Bush, I might add) - all while fighting a republican controlled congress that ridiculed him for trying to make the fight against terrorism a priority.

As for Kerry - I suggest you do a search on Snopes.com for "Kerry Fishy" for a refutation to the letter you posted in another thread.

Of course, I am well aware Kerry served in Nam. Are you aware GWB did not?

> Yes that was some picture.
>Work of art.  This guy does some amazing work.  I used to have
>a pic of Hill, Janet, and another woman knocking back bottles
>of Colt 45, watching a table dancer.  It was a hoot!  

It's a "hoot" when it's not used as propaganda to sway people to your line of thinking.  

> You're not reading the posts objectively.

I am most definitely reading your posts objectively. That's due to my own knowledge and opinions, not due to the objectivity (or the lack thereof) contained within your posts.

>Why are my posts causing you such discomfort?

I wouldn't go as far as to call it "discomfort" - but your true colors, if there was any doubt beforehand, came shining through when someone posted an alternate view and you freaked out by attempting to reframe the debate. You didn't read or give any consideration to what the poster said, you immediately accused him of asking for proof (he did not) and then telling him he needed to "grow up" and stop asking for proof, then refusing to look at what he asked for.  Instead of addressing the question asked, or the statement made, you immediately started screaming "Clinton!!!" while pointing your finger away from GW.  I understand old habits die hard - but that tactic certainly does nothing for intelligent people trying to determine the real story beyond the propaganda presented to us daily. It also does nothing to solidify the "personal accountability" argument.

Peanutsdad

McCarthyism?

You tag and bag most of the men you knew who were killed in a truck bomb. You wander thru the rubble and try to match parts of men up and tell me I suffer from McCarthyism.

Tell the families of our embassy staff who were killed its McCarthyism. How about the sailors of the Cole? Their families? Their children?

How about the survivors of 9-11? The orphans? The families?

That isnt propaganda. It's americans dead by the hand of groups who want nothing more than to kill large numbers of Americans in as hideous a way as they can devise.
Compassion , mercy, understanding and debate...they see as a weakness to be exploited.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the ONLY thing a terrorist understands is total unrelenting violence. The ONLY way to make a terrorist stop is to kill him. To kill him, his companions, his leaders, and any who aid, comfort, train, equip, finance, support or transport them.
McCarthyism was a witch hunt for nonexistant communists. Terrorist exist, they kill without regard, they issue communiques, tapes, videos. Is there any doubt in your mind they exist??That they do in fact plan, order and carry out attacks on Americans?

So long as GWB is having them hunted down, they are not attacking Americans, or American cities. So far as I'm concerned,, any government that harbors a terrorist group, their national destiny is fertilizer.

You wont find a president nor presidential candidate that doesnt have warts,, but you know something? I'll take the one thats hitting back any day.

That isnt "propaganda". It's cold hard fact. Americans have died at the hands of terrorist organizations, we hunt them down and kill every last one we find.

As far as the misinformation used to get us into Iraq. Sorry, but my heart bleeds purple pisswater. Somehow I cant get all choked up about that madman being ousted. It's really too bad that the people of Iraq now have a choice about their government, that they dont get to be tortured, or have entire groups of people gassed out of existance merely for the heritage or religeon.
I have my doubts that Saddam had warm fuzzy feelings for America and planned to turn over a new leaf for his bestest buddies over here.

StPaulieGirl

Education on facts is great, if they are really FACTS. Speculation, propaganda, and misinformation do not apply.

[p]If the quotes I posted were, as you say speculation, misinformation, and propaganda....perhaps you should take this up with the people who published the information.  I'm just bringing the news to the people.  If you find it offensive, go to the original source.

[p]Adjective, perjorative, it's all good....

[p] You're damn skippy my true colors come out!  I hate how people get away with stuff, while the small fish (you and I...and everyone else here) end up eating it.

[p]My final answer to this, is that Bush inherited the problems of the Clinton administration.  I couldn't post enough info proving this to change your mind.