Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

60 minutes!!!!

Started by tjraid18, May 24, 2004, 08:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjraid18

Strange coincidence? Yeserday I asked Brian in a post if someone should try to get 60 minutes to do a show about the injustice being doled out fathers. today I got a message on my yahoo.

Australia 60 minutes aired "What do men want?" Check it out on video!!!!!!!

Go to  http:// direct.ninemsn.com.au/scripts/accipiter/adclick/cat=news/site=ninemsn.sixtyminutes/area=global/loc=top/aamsz=medium

tjraid18

Also, I emailed 60 minutes today and suggested they do a show on fathers who are challenging the constitutionality of courts who deny parental rights. AND... I went to Sen. Frank Morse's office and met his legislative assistant today. I will be meeting with her again. She said the things I'm interested in, or actually the reasons I'm interested in them hit close to home and that her brother had tried to do something with family law stuff in the legislature but ran out of time. We talkled briefly, but I was very encouraged.

~ From small acorns grow mighty Oaks ~  

Also I encourage all to email 60 minutes at their website.

Gracias

Kitty C.

tj, the link isn't working for me, can you post it again?

Thanks!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tjraid18

Alright. I'm not very good at this, but this should work. It's a great news story. I recommend people check it out!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/  

scroll to bottom where it says this weeks stories

custody battles: what men really want.  

P.S. ---- I have no idea why the adress is not highlighting to click. You'll have to type it in. I tried it and it worked.

tjraid18

Alright. I'm not very good at this, but this should work. It's a great news story. I recommend people check it out!!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/  

scroll to bottom where it says this weeks stories

custody battles: what men really want.  

P.S. ---- I have no idea why the adress is not highlighting to click. You'll have to type it in. I tried it and it worked.

Kitty C.

Awesome!  Breaks your heart, tho.  And it sounds like those kids of that woman were coached, too.  Bet they could say no, but I also bet they couldn't say WHY..........

And 'too hard', just doesn't count.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

tjraid18

Oh Yeah! Now that lady should get an Oscar. How could anyone honestly say that fathers are treated every bit as fairly as mothers in court. I was thinkin' she would be a good "Wicked Witch of the Southeast" for a remake of the Wizard of Oz ---- Australia version.

It was a tearjerker, kind of what I had in mind when I was talking about that Christian Childrens Fund Commercial for the starving children in the Erin Brocavich post. I hope others watch it. And I hope people will email 60 minutes and suggest they do a story here in the states on the dads that are challenging the constitutionality of being denied parental rights in court. Or that they do one on the Joint custody bill that Iowa passed. I told them they might be surprised at how big the ratings could be if they did do a story on it. It touches everyone, almost.

oklahoma

Every letter I have written to my "representatives" has come back with some reply to the effect of, "It's the court's fault, we have no control."  What a bunch of bull!  I really need to be more pro-active and go down to an office or two. (We are now only 45 minutes from the state capitol instead of 5 hours.)  Right now it's enough of a battle to just deal with life....  But I really want to find a way to make it so others don't have to "just deal with it."

I am definitely going to email "60 Minutes."

tjraid18

Good Deal!! I know how you feel with all the dead ends. There is a younger generation coming up in the ranks and a lot of them are children of divorce who may have some motivations that will lean towards actually trying to do something about children not being able to see their fathers. I hope so....
   It would be great if everybody here at sparc would email 60 minutes. And tell everyone they know otherwise to do the same. People who are active in other fathers groups could get the word out as well. Maybe if enough of us request, it will happen. It only takes about five or ten minutes, at the most.

It would be awesome to get this issue some good airtime!!! And the timing is perfect.

Peanutsdad

>Every letter I have written to my "representatives" has come
>back with some reply to the effect of, "It's the court's
>fault, we have no control."

Thats a standard brushoff answer.

What a bunch of bull!  I really
>need to be more pro-active and go down to an office or two.

There was a man on here not so long ago had the same idea. He tried unsuccessfully to get Mrs. Clinton to see him to discuss the inequalities he and other fathers face in her district. She had him arested for stalking.

>(We are now only 45 minutes from the state capitol instead of
>5 hours.)  Right now it's enough of a battle to just deal with
>life....  But I really want to find a way to make it so others
>don't have to "just deal with it."

The very thing we all have thought and been thru. Seems for most of us,, just getting thru life and trying to raise our kids consumes us.

>
>I am definitely going to email "60 Minutes."

Hopefully your letters dont go in the recycle bin as every letter prior has from uncounted parents across the nation. Who knows,, maybe your letter will be the one that sparks some recognition from 60 minutes or 20/20.
>