Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Emancipation  (Read 1181 times)


  • Guest
« on: Oct 04, 2004, 02:30:15 PM »
I am trying to find out how to file for Emancipation of my 18 year old son in Mississippi.  He no longer lives with his mother and dropped out of school well over a year ago.  Can anyone assist me?


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
RE: Emancipation
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2004, 04:05:24 PM »
You'll have to contact the local county courthouse where your family law stuff is heard.

They might actually have a form to fill out for you and then file it and see if the judge approves.

DHR (if you're paying child support) is another "free" place to start.

Family law is written at the state level and heard/enforced (don't laugh!) at the county level in each state.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.