Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 10:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help

Started by T0052SC, Nov 22, 2004, 12:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T0052SC

I am going through a custody battle and need some recommendations.  Things have not gone the way my STBX wants so I think she is trying to play the deeper pocket game using her father.  I am getting finacialy killed and am scared that once I get a trial that I will not be able to pay for my attorney or PI to do their job.  I have a limited amout left and now I am getting hit with more finacial chanlenges.  My attorney wont let me make payments but my PI has agreed to barter my talents for hers.  My delema is that I just got stuck with the STBX old vehicle and receive repo notice if not brought up to date in the next two weeks.  I have tried to private sell, wholesale, and sell to a dealer, but I am running out of time.

Can my attorney just drop my case or is there something that prevents him from doing this as long as I make payments?

Any other ideas on how to get rid of this vehicle.

joni

Do you have any real estate that the atty can put a lien against to secure their payments?  My DH did this, he wrote a personal guarantee to the atty that he would not go bankrupt on his bill and the atty liened his house until he was paid in full.  It took us 30 months to pay off the atty.