Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Claiming a dependent in California  (Read 948 times)


  • Guest
Claiming a dependent in California
« on: Jan 06, 2005, 04:22:24 PM »
My divorce decree says that I can claim one of my sons for tax purposes so I can file head of household. The feds had no problem with that. However, the State of California sent me a letter saying that because he didn't live with me for over half the year I can't claim HOH.

Is this true or is there a misunderstanding here? I would think there would be a form similar to the one I used with my Fed return to claim that status.

Any help is appreciated.



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.