Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Attorney fees and jail??  (Read 1251 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Attorney fees and jail??
« on: Jan 29, 2005, 06:36:31 PM »
I was orde red to pay attorney fees to my ex. When I did not, I was found in contempt of court and ordered to be incarcerated until they were paid in full.

I thought that it was un Constitutional to be imprisoned for a debt. Was something wrong done here? And, if so, having been imprisoned until the debt was paid, is there any recourse?



  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Attorney fees and jail??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2005, 09:39:17 PM »
I would be contacting an attorney, usually what happens when you do not pay the judgement (for attorney fees) that atty files a writ of garnishment to have your paycheck garnished for those fees (at least in my state)

That is just wrong, I would post to  Soc and see what he says.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.