Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Order of Protection  (Read 1267 times)


  • Guest
Order of Protection
« on: May 15, 2005, 05:46:57 PM »
Hello. I am in need of some advice. I posted this on Soc board as well, but I thought I would post here for some advice as well. Ihave posted here off and on during my custody case. I fought and won custody of my son. We recently have a new problem. My ex-wife NCP is living with a man who has warrants out for his arrest in different counties than they live in, he has a suspended liscense, and he has marijuana in the home as well. My son only visits them 1 time per month, but these issues are always on my mind while he is there. But he will be there 6 weeks this summer.

The warrant that the boyfriend has is from a domestic violence issue with my son's mother (my son and her daughter were present when this occured). Because it is a county warrant it is not extraditable, so he just moved out of the county.

She allows her boyfriend to drive our son around even though his liscense is suspened and he has the warrants. She has told our son that her boyfriend smokes pot but she has told him he can't smoke it when the children are in the house (she has another child by this man). I am truly concerned for my son every times he goes there.

My questions are:

1) Can I file an Order of Protection against the boyfriend to keep him away from our son when he is there?

2) I do not want to keep my son away from his mother, but I do not like her making decision that are endangering him either. If she continues to put him in these circumstances (drugs in the home, etc), can I file a Temporary Order of Protection against her. Just until she remedies the situation?

Just in case it is helpful, we reside in Oregon and she resides in Washington. Thank you for your time!


  • Guest
RE: Order of Protection
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 11:43:57 AM »
you can always file it but it might not be heard. If you get infront ofthe judge ask for drug tests it might help. GL


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 630
  • Karma: 56
  • Been hanging out since 1998... I think.
    • View Profile
RE: Order of Protection
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 04:04:26 PM »
You want a no-contact order against the boyfriend, then if SHE is taking the child near him, she can be held in contempt of court. Also the boyfriend will have to keep away. It should be filed for in the county the boyfriend resides in.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.