Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Children's Rights  (Read 1040 times)


  • Guest
Children's Rights
« on: Sep 25, 2005, 05:58:17 PM »
Does anyone have any info on Children's Rights, most specifically changing custody or visitation. I have an eleven year old that wants to change his visitation/ custody due to a horribly abusive stepmom. What can we do?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Document, document, document..........
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2005, 05:24:33 PM »
Put the child in counseling, make sure he is talking to the school counselor. While some states allow kids his age to give input into where they want to live. there still has to be good reason with well substantiated evidence before they will change living arrangements.

You will need unbiased witnesses, such as the therapist & the school counselor. Keep a record of everything your son tells you & discuss it with the therapist so that he/she will know what direction to go in treating him.

Have you discussed this problem with his father? Sometimes kids this age try to play the parents against each other. If he really is being abused, you must deal with it but it won't be easy.

Good luck & God bless.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.