Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Sort of had a hearing  (Read 9862 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 214
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
RE: monitoring phone calls
« Reply #30 on: Jul 20, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »
We would never have considered monitoring SD's calls.  And yes, the cell phone wore off quite fast.  She loses the charger constantly and if that isn't lost the phone is.  It is really hard when she is with her mother, since there is no land line to get ahold of the SD, and mom won't answer her cell phone if she knows it's my husband calling.

As to when the ex calls my husband, our attorney told us to tape those.  We are looking around for what might work for us and have already checked the laws in the 2 states-both are one party states, thankfully!  IL where the case used to be, was a 2-party state.

So we deal with ex (sort of- SD won't turn on cell phone, so ex is having to call after the court ordered hours on the house phone) for the next week.



  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1697
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Had the hearing...LOL
« Reply #31 on: Jul 20, 2007, 08:01:40 PM »
>Ex was saying that she wanted day time hours, so my husband
>could not "monitor" calls.

Which was exactly my point. Seems to me that ex has a right to have her calls private. The fact that you STATE that you would never consider monitoring calls is not sufficient protection of her right to privacy.

As for "I can't believe they all spent 8 hours in the court house", keep in mind that it takes two to have a fight. You're just as responsible for all the expense and hassle as ex is.

Seems to me like you're spending a lot of time and money over insisting on your ability to control the situation.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.