Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 08:21:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Time with kids?

Started by Crockpot, Jan 09, 2008, 08:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

How do I figure out what % of time DH has kids - courtwise?  Do the courts only look at overnights?  

FLMom

It's been my experience that it's just overnights.

What I do is get a calender, and highlight the overnights of when the kids are with me. Then I take the amount of overnights in any given year and divide that by 365. Voila, you have your yearly percentage of overnights.

Crockpot

mistoffolees

That is all correct - however, be aware that it may easily change from year to year. For example, ours is every other week and then alternating holidays. Depending on where the holidays fall in a year, it is quite possible that the person with >50% one year might not be the person with >50% the next year. Therefore, it's probably better for tax deductions to be spelled out in the agreement if possible.

allamiriah

I use the parenting time tracker provided by this site.  It uses time spent with kids not just over nights.  It has helped with getting more time and tracking denied visitation, mileage, just about anything.

Crockpot

Thanks.  I just started using the tracking on this site.  

I get that depedning on holidays etc we may not have them the same # of overnights each year.  I'm just looking for a ball park.

Thanks again.