Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: College Financing  (Read 5687 times)


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
No need....
« Reply #10 on: Sep 13, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »
say OD decided to come live with you when she graduates in May -- and then you all fill out the FAFSA form.

the form requires that dad and step-mom fill out and disclose your income, period.  There's no way around it.

If OD stays with her mom, it's MOM's household info that gets used -- nothing from dad, period.

Federal rules use household income.

Child support rules use parental income.....and some state (like NV!) use the step-parent's income as well as an available asset to the bio-parent (NV-community property state).  I don't know what the judge would have done if we had filed separately and I refused to disclose my income.......and I find it ironic that he didn't acknowledge my responsibilities (3 children....) oh well, water under the bridge, right?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 406
  • Karma: 9
    • View Profile
RE: PERFECT! That is exactly what I was looking for!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 13, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
Maybe I am wrong, but that was several years ago.  Things change.


Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip.
- Will Rogers[em]

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.