Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:30:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sparc user on His Side tonight!

Started by janM, Jun 27, 2004, 04:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janM

If any of you know Lee and Mimi, they have been asked to be on the air on His Side with Glenn Sacks tonight.

Glenn is discussing PAS with guests Gloria Allred and Dean Tong. See http://www.hisside.com/.

Lee was denied visitation with his kids for over 4 years and endured false allegations. He finally took his ex to court last fall where she was found in contempt. She is appealing that decision. He was reunited with his kids late last October. They are almost at the end of a month-long summer visit and have had a wonderful time. They are as close to Dad now as they ever were. Lee has court in September for another contempt and change of custody.

Tune in if you can, it should be an interesting show!

MYSONSDAD

Thanks to Glenn Sacks for the following.

ACFC
http://www.acfc.org/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[Glenn Sacks is a men's and fathers' issues columnist and radio talk show host.]

The promo for this week's His Side--"Allred vs. Tong--Is Parental Alienation Syndrome a Fathers' Rights Hoax?"--is below. For those who are outside of our radio station's coverage range, you can listen to the show live via our station's excellent Internet stream at Listen Live. I invite you to call the show and join the discussion in progress at 1-800-770-1540. If you have experienced Parental Alienation Syndrome or have been falsely accused of it, I urge you to call--1-800-770-1540.

My latest opinion column, US Supreme Court: Noncustodial Parents Have no Rights a Court Need Respect (Chicago Sun-Times, 6/17/04, Los Angeles Daily News, 6/16/04) (co-authored by family law attorney Jeff Leving) concerns the new US Supreme Court decision in the "Under God"/Pledge case.

Views on the significance of the ruling differ. Several legal scholars, including Catherine Ross and Jonathan Turley of George Washington University Law School and Erwin Chemerinsky of USC feel that the ruling's impact on noncustodial parents will be significant. Others believe it will be minimal. Either way, the ruling is a slap in the face to 14 million noncustodial parents.

I urge you to express your opinion on the issue and the column--write to the Chicago Sun-Times regarding "High court deals supreme blow to noncustodial fathers" at [email protected] and to the Los Angeles Daily News regarding "Court hurts kids while it ducks issue" at [email protected]. Feel free to copy me on your letters.

My co-authored column National Fatherhood Initiative's Ad Campaign Insults African-American Fathers was published this week in the Pasadena Star-News &Affiliated Papers (6/14/03) and has been causing some controversy.

National Public Radio's Tavis Smiley picked up on the column and hosted a debate between my co-author, Reginald Brass of My Child Says Daddy, and Roland Warren, the president of the National Fatherhood Initiative, who helped create the billboard campaign. You may recall that Reggie and Roland previously mixed it up on His Side--see National Fatherhood Initiative Attacks Black Fathers (4/25/04). To hear the NPR audio of "Do Fatherhood Initiative Ads Insult Black Men?" click on Tavis Smiley.

To write to Tavis Smiley about the show with Reggie and Roland Warren, write to [email protected]. To write to the Pasadena Star-News &Affiliated Papers re: our NFI piece--titled "It can be hard to be daddy with mommy running interference" in the Star News, click here.

My column Powder Attack on Tony Blair Done in Service of a Just Cause (Cybercast News Service, 5/25/04) was just published in the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star under the title "After the divorce, the pain for noncustodial dads goes on and on." Feel free to express your opinion on the piece to the Star at [email protected].

I was quoted on men's health in a Washington Times piece concerning the National Coalition of Free Men's National Men's Rights Congress in Washington, DC. The article, authored by Brett Freeman, was called A man's rights on Fathers' Day (6/20/04). To learn more about the men's health crisis, see my column When Men's Health Doesn't Count (Norfolk Virginian-Pilot, 10/9/02) (coauthored by Dianna Thompson of the National Family Justice Association). The National Men's Rights Congress last weekend was a big success--thanks to all of the organizers, particularly Tom Golden.

Addiction recognition expert Doug Thorburn of PrevenTragedy.com emphasizes the role that drug and alcohol abuse play in many of the problems I write about and discuss on the radio, including domestic violence and ugly custody disputes. His book "How To Spot Hidden Alcoholics " has just been published. If you're in a court dispute with someone who you suspect may be a substance abuser, Doug can help you determine a course of action. He can be reached toll free at 800-482-9424 or by e-mail at [email protected].

Best Wishes,
Glenn Sacks
Listen to His Side with Glenn Sacks
GlennSacks.com

Allred vs. Tong--Is Parental Alienation Syndrome
a Fathers' Rights Hoax?

The high-profile Bridget Marks custody case in New York has put the gut-wrenching issue of sexual abuse allegations in custody battles in the headlines, and Marks has become a cause celebre for many feminists. In that case, the court determined that Marks had coached her four year-old twin girls to claim that they had been sexually molested by their father, and judge Arlene Goldberg switched custody from the mother to the father. False allegations of sexual abuse are an important part of a pathology dubbed "Parental Alienation Syndrome," wherein one parent tries to turn his or her children against the other parent.

Feminists assert that Parental Alienation Syndrome is a fathers' rights hoax--"junk science"--which unscrupulous fathers use to wrest custody from decent, loving mothers. The fathers' rights movement sees PAS is a damaging epidemic--one which family courts usually turn a blind eye to.

Gloria Allred is America's most prominent feminist attorney. Forensic consultant Dean Tong is the author of Elusive Innocence: Survival Guide for the Falsely Accused, and is one of America's foremost experts on false accusations of sexual abuse. Allred and Tong will debate Parental Alienation, false allegations of sexual abuse, and the Marks case on His Side with Glenn Sacks on Sunday, June 27 at 9 PM PST. To listen to the show live, go to Listen Live. To call the show and join the discussion in progress, call 1-800-770-1540.

To learn more about Parental Alienation Syndrome and the Bridget Marks case, see:
1) Glenn's radio commentary--In Defense of Arlene Goldberg (print &  audio available)
2) pro-Marks opinion column Courts see moms as guilty till proven innocent (New York Daily News, 6/21/04)
3) pro-Marks newspaper column Twins' daddy twists knife (New York Daily News, 6/17/04)
4) Bridget Marks: Mommy Dearest by Michael P. Tremoglie (MenNewsDaily, 6/12/04)
5) Parents Who Have Successfully Fought Parental Alienation Syndrome by Jayne A. Major, Ph.D.
6) Dean Tong's Tribute to Richard Gardner, MD (MensNewsDaily, 5/28/03).
7) Steven Carlson (AKA the Child Custody Coach) has an informative page on PAS
8) His Side--The Heart of Darkness:Parental Alienation Syndrome (2/8/04) with Jayne A. Major, Ph.D., of Breakthrough Parenting, and family law attorney Jeff Leving.
9) The National Organization for Women-New York's page opposing Parental Alienation Syndrome
10) PAS info on the late Richard Gardner's website
11) Some see today as 'Fatherless Day' (Stockton Record, 6/20/04)

His Side with Glenn Sacks can be heard on KMPC AM 1540 in Los Angeles at 9 PM PST and on KKOL AM 1300 in Seattle at 11 PM every Sunday evening. To listen live via the Internet from anywhere in the world, go to Listen Live. Both radio and Internet listeners are encouraged to call and participate in the show live and on the air at 1-800-770-1540. All callers will be mailed a free CD of the show in which they appeared at their request.

His Side with Glenn Sacks:  http://www.hisside.com/
Glenn Sacks Home:  http://www.glennjsacks.com/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Children Need BOTH Parents!

The American Coalition for Fathers and Children

For Membership information call 1-800-978-DADS
or see ACFC's homepages at: http://www.acfc.org

To subscribe send a message to:  [email protected]
Message in subject line: subscribe acfc

To unsubscribe send a message to:  [email protected]
Message in subject line: unsubscribe acfc

The ACFC List Serve provides timely information to fathers, second