Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:08:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation interference

Started by bananas, Jan 12, 2004, 12:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizaLou1

In our state a kid is still a minor till the age of 19 by law.  So, in my book an 18 year old is still a child and subject to visitation orders.  My daughter, who is 8, doesn't want to visit her dad sometimes.  But, I tell her it's not optional because being with her dad is very important.  By the way, her dad is an OK guy and we have no problems.  Our problems are with DH's ex.

All situations are different.  I wish you the best.

LizaLou

socrateaser

An 18 year old is an adult and is emancipated -- Period. The fact that you continue to pay support has nothing to do with the child's status as an adult. And, no court will deny support to a parent for frustrating access to the child, because that punishes the child. The best you could do would be to get a money sanction against the other parent to be paid after all support is terminated.

A child nearing adult status has his/her own friends and life, so you wouldn't be able to prove that the other parent was responsible without the child's testimony. If you think you can get that, then file for contempt -- otherwise, you're wasting your time.

dumbo

:+  You are a Jackass. It's no wonder your son dosen't want to come for visitation.