Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Questions. Please respond!  (Read 1387 times)


  • Guest
Questions. Please respond!
« on: Jan 14, 2004, 11:47:16 AM »
Dear Soc,

I had a message earlier that you did not respond to, that's ok.

Today my husband had his administrative hearing regarding our request for a downward mod of support.

The agency said they are going to make a determination to lower support based on income figures back in 1995. That is the last time my husband was making a decent wage, and BM started working full time as a nurse. He showed them his documentation for disability but they feel his disability isn't severe enough to warrant not working full time.

Next week he has a hearing to address arrears, approx $11,000. CS has labeled him as "voluntarily underemployed" and are threatening  jail.

My questions

1. Since they are going back to 1995, should the new amount of support be retroactive back to then also?

2. If it is, would it affect the arrears?

3. How would he go about presenting this next week in court?

Thank you very much


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.