Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Questions for you Soc..................  (Read 1752 times)


  • Guest
Questions for you Soc..................
« on: Jan 27, 2004, 09:26:57 AM »
This is the petition we filed:

                                 IN AND FOR WORTH COUNTY

                     RESPONDENT,        *

AND CONCERNING,                   *      PETITION TO MODIFY
                    PETITIONER.            *     ENTRY MODIFICATION
                                                          *     OF VISITATION RIGHTS
   COMES NOW, Respondent, and, in this Petition, states to the Court as follows:

1.   That the marriage of the parties was dissolved by Default Decree of the XXXXX County, XXXX District Court on March 25, 2002.  A copy of said Decree is attached hereto as Exhibit “A”.

2.   That the Visitation Rights of the Respondent were modified by Default Decree of theXXXXXCounty, XXXX District Court on September 3, 2002.  A copy of said decree is attached hereto as Exhibit “B”.

3.   That the minor child of the parties whose welfare is affected by this petition is XXXXXXXX XX XXXXX XXXXXXX, DOB 1/28/1998.   

4.   That Petitioner has allowed the parties minor child to be in a vehicle with an unlicensed driver, the Petitioner’s boyfriend,  that has seizures, during the time the minor child is with the Petitioner.

5.    That report, by mandatory reporters, to officials’ appropriate in the circumstances has occurred said officials’ investigation of said report pending on the filing of this Petition.        

6.     That Petitioner is unable or unwilling to facilitate Court Ordered Visitation between the Respondent and the parties minor child.

7.     That Petitioner is unable or unwilling  to facilitate telephone contact between Respondent and the parties minor child.  

8.   That Petitioner is unwilling or unable to facilitate contact between the parties minor child and her extended family, which is not limited to, but includes, Grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

9.   That Petitioner is willing to interfere in ongoing Court Ordered Visitation by calling Sheriff’s Department during Respondents Court Ordered Visitation time.  A Copy of said Sheriff’s report is attached hereto as Exhibit “D”.

10.   That Petitioner has been uncooperative with the Court’s Original order dated March 25, 2002, in which Petitioner is to keep Respondent informed of any and all medical, dental, and educational appointments.

11.   That Respondent contacted Petitioner and Petitioner’s Attorney in an attempt to set up voluntary mediation to work through the parties difficulties in adhering to the Court order and making amicable changes to further benefit the parties minor child, Petitioner was unwilling to facilitate that option.  Copies of letters are attached hereto as Exhibit “E”.

12.   Respondent states that a material, substantial, and continuing change of circumstances has occurred, which include, but are not limited to:

   A.  Petitioner’s unwillingness to facilitate and foster the relationship between the Respondent and parties minor child.

   B.  Petitioner’s unwillingness to facilitate contact of the parties minor with members of her family.

   C.  Petitioner’s unwillingness to work with Respondent in working out the best possible solution for the parties minor child to have a meaningful and ongoing relationship with both Parents.

   D.  Petitioners unwillingness to have a home phone number where child can be reached.
   E.  Petitioner’s unwillingness to allow Respondent information as to where the parties minor child is before and after school, and on the days parties minor child is not in school.

   F.  Petitioner’s unwillingness to follow the court order in reference to the Visitations being supervised by either a member of the Petitioner’s family or a Public Official.  Petitioner is unwilling to follow the court order and appointed Petitioner’s boyfriends’ mother, whom is not a member of Petitioner’s family or a Public Official.  Respondent discussed this with Petitioner , and Petitioner chose to disregard this.

   WHEREFORE, due to the changes in circumstances stated herein, Respondent respectfully requests that this Court modify the Final Judgment and Decree of Divorce entered in this cause on March 25, 2002 and September 3, 2002, in XXXXX XXXXXX XXXX District Court, to wit:

   1.  Terminate Petitioner’s Sole Physical and Joint Legal Custody of the minor child, and award a judgment of Joint Physical and Joint Legal Custody as it is in the best interests of the child to do so;

   2.  Modify the existing Visitation Order and incorporate the attached Respondent’s Shared Parenting Plan into the Modification as it is in the child best interest to have a meaningful relationship with Both parents:

   3.  Terminate Respondents child support order and order child support pursuant to Shared Custody child support guidelines for Iowa;

   4.  Award Respondent three hundred forty-four (344) hours of make up time for denied visitations by Petitioner;

   5.  For any such other and further relief that the Court may deem just and proper in the circumstances;

   WHEREFORE, RESPONDENT PRAYS, that the Court fix an immediate time and place of Hearing on this Petition and prescribe the notice to be given to the interested parties herein and that on that said Hearing the Court find and determine the allegations of this Petition to be true and correct and on said finding;
   Modify and Grant Respondent Joint Physical and Legal Custody of the parties minor child, as it is in the best interest of the child to have an ongoing and meaningful relationship with Both Parents,
   WHEREFORE, RESPONDENT FURTHER PRAYS, that on said hearing he have and be given such other and further relief as to the Court may be equitable in the premises.

                                                    XXXX XXXXX XXXXXXX

   STATE OF XXXX,         )
                                                   ) SS:
   WORTH COUNTY,       )

   I, XXXX XXXXX XXXXXXX, being first duly sworn upon oath, depose and state that I am the Respondent in the foregoing matter; that I have caused the foregoing Petition to be made; that I have read the same, know the contents thereof and the statements contained herein are true and correct as I verily believe.

                                                         XXXX XXXXX XXXXXXX

   STATE OF XXXX,          )
                                                    )  SS:
   WORTH COUNTY         )

   On this ____ day of __________, A.D., 2003, before me, the undersigned, a Notary Public in and for the State of XXXX; personally appeared XXXX XXXXX XXXXXXXto me known to be the person named in and who executed the foregoing instrument, and acknowledged that he executed the same as his voluntary act and deed.

                  Notary Public in and for the State of XXXX

This is the answer we recieved:

1-12 all denied
All asked for was petition be dismissed

So my questions are

1.  How can 1-3 be denied?
2.  What happens now?  Does the Court set a date for this to be heard?
3.  It is my understanding, and correct if I am wrong, that when I do have a hearing, I just bring in my proof, and the judge decides from there, right.

Thanks For all your help,





Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.