Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Looking for a creative approach  (Read 1175 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 33
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Looking for a creative approach
« on: May 27, 2004, 02:34:07 PM »
We live in Sacramento County, CA.  Parents never married, lived together for less than a year, separated since. 3 1/2 year old child. Dad remarried. Mom has primary physical and joint legal.

We are currently undergoing a custody eval.  We are continually dragged into court by Mom.  She dragged us into court claiming abuse to get the eval started (of course she had no evidence so ended up paying for the eval-the only financial consequences she has ever had to bear).  She is constantly bringing up new issues with our lawyer and driving up our bill.  Since the eval she has continually dragged us back for financial issue.  She has no problem doing so because there seem to be no financial consequences.  Her lawyer admits she lets her play "junior lawyer" and run her own case. We are continually told no one will financially punish Mom for bad behavior as it will take money away from the child.  Her latest fishing expedition to try and increase her support has so far resulted in multiple work hours by us and our lawyer, a short cause court date that went no where and now we are scheduled for a long cause in a few months (this is getting expensive).
1)Any creative ideas on how to get the court to help us supress this poor behavior?


  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5728
  • Karma: -2
    • View Profile
RE: Looking for a creative approach
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 09:09:56 PM »
>1)Any creative ideas on how to get the court to help us
>supress this poor behavior?

You can ask for sanctions and attorney fees if you prevail in your latest hearing. You can also instruct your attorney (do it in writing) that he/she is not to respond to ANY correspondence from the CP or her attorney, unless it is formal legal process, and that your attorney is to notify opposing counsel of same, and that you will refuse to pay for any billings associated to any correspondence not in keeping with this instruction.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.