Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:49:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hey Soc.. I need help finding something

Started by skye, Jun 26, 2004, 10:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skye

OK We have custody mom has visitation, Dad works so judge has obligated me to transport children to halfway which I was ok with but she is always late 45min to 1 hour and it is strongly affecting my ex's visits with his kids SO...

My ex and I discussed it and he said that although I am legally obligated to make them available and he understands that our children should not play a factor .. but by obligating me he feels our children should become a factor since it is affecting our kids as well...

He suggested asking that she start picking up again at house and that he do the same .. but I cannot find anything that will help in presenting this to judge on Monday any thoughts would be helpful.

PS I am in Virginia

socrateaser

skye

It has been reset for november.. so yes any thoughts on laws that could help would be great

socrateaser

If the other parent is consitently late and it is messing with your custody time and messing with a third party's custody time, as well, I would move for contempt and sanctions in order to encourage some improved timeliness.

skye

could you explain to me how I need to go about that ..

both cases at same court house different judges ..
it is my ex who is loosing time due to her tardiness...

socrateaser

>could you explain to me how I need to go about that ..
>
>both cases at same court house different judges ..
>it is my ex who is loosing time due to her tardiness...
>

You don't need to involve your ex in this. Your DH's ex is in contempt for routinely being late in transferring his kids. You can testify to the fact that she is always late, and your DH can subpoena your ex to testify to whatever your ex knows about the matter, i.e., if your ex knows from personal knowledge that your DH's ex is always late, then that would be good testimony.

Conversely, if all your ex knows is what YOU tell him is the reason why YOU are always late in transferring YOUR kids, then that would be inadmissible hearsay, and it would also give YOUR ex valuable facts upon which to base a contempt motion against YOU, because you will testify that YOU are always late.

So be careful.