Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

help

Started by skye, Jul 22, 2005, 12:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skye

explain what this means:

" Father shall have primary physical custody with Mother enjoying supervised visitation with no overnights as follows:"

is this joint custody?

Mom says yes...

korleone23

To my knowledge it does mean that it is joint custody. That is if you have a parenting plan that says decision making is made by both parties, if only one parent has decision making then it would be considered sole custody, with the other parent having visitation only.

socrateaser

>explain what this means:
>
>" Father shall have primary physical custody with Mother
>enjoying supervised visitation with no overnights as
>follows:"
>
>is this joint custody?
>
>Mom says yes...

It's extremely ambiguous/vague. "Primary" implies the existence of some other custodial right (secondary). "Supervised visitation" indicaves no custody rights and only the right to visit the child. Motion to clarify is the only way to straigten out the controversy.

socrateaser

Rendering an opinion as to the legal meaning of a court order is the use of professional legal judgment reserved for licensed attorneys. Whether you offer such opinions is entirely up to you, however, I cannot permit you to do so without violating the rules of professional conduct, for which I may be disciplined.

So, feel free to offer your personal experience if it is reasonably related to the poster's questions -- just don't analyze their posts and attempt to come to a legal conclusion, or I'll have to delete your comments.

Thanks for your cooperation.