Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:56:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Reimbursement Checks not being cashed

Started by MixedBag, Jan 31, 2006, 07:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

I believe that in the end, the burden of proof will be on methat I paid.

Giggles, to have a money order traced you have to wait like 90 days and then pay $7.  At least that's what happened to me when I paid for something else with a money order, they lost it, and I got my money back in 6 months.

So I already send everything via priority confirmed delivery.

Yes, I like to keep my accounts manageable and straight and yes, the EX knows that which I believe is why he's hanging on to the other check for gasoline reimbursement.  See -- it's honestly the ONLY outstanding check right now.

Oh well, right?

I have a plan and since EX reads, I won't post my plan of action.

But thanks for the ideas -- because it gave me the idea of what I'm going to do.

DecentDad

You may wish to look into if your checking account comes with an online Bill Pay option.

That's how I set up my CS payments (i.e., I scheduled bi-monthly payments, directly to biomom and never had to think about it again).

In this manner, the funds are immediately removed from your account, you have a record of the transaction, and the bank mails your ex a check.

The check is imprinted with "void after 180 days", and if it's never cashed, the money goes back into your account.  I had this experience with one check (not related to CS).

You're ordered to PAY your ex a certain amount.  If the bank removes the money from your account, and if the funds are mailed to your ex (i.e., as verified by the bank records easily accessed online)... then no one can accuse you of mailing a blank envelope (i.e., even with your delivery confirmation, can you show there's a check in it?!), or writing a bad check, or whatever.

Easy solution, and no matter what game he wants to play, he won't win.

My ex once tried to accuse me of not sending CS payment (via her attorney), and all I had to do was describe to her attorney how payment was made (per above)-- that the only possible explanations were that ex lost the check or is playing games.  That ended that, and I never heard back.

Giggles

Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

mishelle2

Just another opinion, go to your bank pay the extra 6 bucks for a cashiers check, payable to  him have them put in the memo what it is for ie: transportation costs or child support, send it certified.
You and your bank will have a detailed record of the checks and its not your problem if he doesnt cash them,  cause the great thing about cashiers checks is that they expire!

just another input.. Not even close to legal advise :)