Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: School enrollment  (Read 1103 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 264
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
School enrollment
« on: Jun 01, 2006, 06:00:28 PM »
I am a father who is an NCP in OHIO.

Son currently goes to a private school for Kindergarten.

Mom the residential enrolled son in Private school for Kindergarten. Mom told me a few months before Kindergarten started he was not going to the local public school but would be going to a private school for kindergarten.

Next week kindergarten ends so I went to administration and asked if son was enrolled for First grade.

The Director of Admissions said he could not revile that information.

Is that true?  He can’t tell me if our son is enrolled in First grade?


  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5728
  • Karma: -2
    • View Profile
RE: School enrollment
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2006, 05:59:49 PM »
>Is that true?  He can’t tell me if our son is enrolled in
>First grade?

Your facts state that you went to the director of admissions. If by that you mean at the private school, then the school has no legal duty to give you any information regarding the child, because it is not subject to the federal law requiring that the school provide you with a copy of your child's educational records.

If this is your situtation, then you will need to go back to court for a clarification order permitting you access to the educational records.

However, if you mean that the public school would not permit you access, then ask the school administrator for the contact info for the school district's legal counsel so that you can send him/her a copy of your custody orders, and ask for the records to be released.

More than likely, the second you ask for the lawyer's info, the public school will release the records.

I'm sorta betting that this is a private school that you're dealing with.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.