S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Medical Reimbursment  (Read 1126 times)

TPK

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 174
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Medical Reimbursment
« on: Sep 12, 2006, 10:49:04 AM »
Hi Soc,


I finally received my judgement of divorce after a 10 month wait.

I am NCP. Child resides with my EX in NY, I reside in PA, NY has jurisdiction (NY state)

Judgement states "defendant (me) shall further pay 75% of all statutory add-on expenses, including but not limited to unreimbursed medical expenses and child care expenses within 15 days of presentation of a bill or receipt by plaintiff"

This clearly outlines my 75% obligation which I understand fully.

Child is covered under a NY State health care program. I currently have no insurance on myself (long story) or my child.

About 2 months ago I requested in writing to my EX that she should supply me with health insurance info to determine if coverage would extend to PA if only for emergency situations.

At first she said she'd look into it, but never did. Many gentle reminders about this failed to get any results.


Question


1. If an emergency situation does happen (when I have parenting time), and I get a bill for say $1000.00....is my EX responsible for 25%???

The judgement doesn't directly address this, it only states that I would owe 75% and EX would have to cover the 25% balance.


Thanks

TPK


socrateaser

  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5728
  • Karma: -2
    • View Profile
RE: Medical Reimbursment
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
>Question
>
>
>1. If an emergency situation does happen (when I have
>parenting time), and I get a bill for say $1000.00....is my EX
>responsible for 25%???

Yes, although the order is poorly worded, it seems pretty obvious that if you're responsible for 75%, then the other parent must reasonably be responsible for the other 25%.



 

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.