Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:05:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anger Problems With Child

Started by daddyinpdx, Nov 12, 2006, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyinpdx

Dear Socrateaser,

I've had temp emer custody of child for approximately 6 months. The Judge (Northwest) awarded me temp emer custody after mom beat child. The child came to live with my wife and I after custody change. The child is a good kid, she just has a serious anger problem. I've recently learned that the kid has had several fights and school suspensions before coming to live with me.

My kid has been in school since August and has already been expelled for hitting a teacher and student. The county agreed to send her to alernative school. She's been in the alternative school for 1 month and has been suspended for making terroristic threats to a student.

The BM claims that it's because I "took" the child. The child goes to anger management, counseling, and girl scouts and admits that she can't control her anger.

Question: will her anger problems cause me problems in the court?

Child has definately learned not how to control temper from mother. The child has not lived with me since 3 years old. The child in now 12.

What else can I do? Is homeschool an option for the courts?

Dad is cross eyed when trying to work with an angry child. I love my Kid endlessly and will do whatever it takes.

socrateaser

>What else can I do? Is homeschool an option for the courts?

I suggest that you have the child evaluated by a psychiatrist, to determine whether or not there is a physical brain disfunction, rather than merely a behavioral therapy issue.

Your question is simply out of my area of expertise -- I'm not a mental health expert.

Sherry1

I would be happy to give you some advice.  I have been dealing with a stepson with serious behavioral issues for a long time. I do not want to muddle up Soc's Board so if you want to repost this on Father's Issues I will give you some of my thoughts.