Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 08:20:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Should we respond to angry e-mails from CP?

Started by Lyrael924, Jul 19, 2005, 06:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyrael924

Soc -

Our case is the case of the 8-year-old boy, living in Oregon with mom, who has sole legal and physical custody. We are trying for visitation with him. Dad lives in Illinois.

We e-mailed CP's sister to ask if she knew if CP and 8-year-old son had moved. Sister forwarded the e-mail, and we got a nasty e-mail in response from CP.

1) Should we respond?

2) Or just ignore them and save them somewhere? This one was extremely unkind, and very hostile.

3) Is this communication important, or should we just delete it?

Thanks for any advice you can offer, Soc.

Myrrh

socrateaser

>1) Should we respond?

Don't know what it says -- can't comment generically.

Lyrael924

Here is the text, with names omitted:

I read the email you sent to my sister. Why, because they forwarded it to me. They know who you are and will not help you. I know that this is a concept that you can't seem to grasp but *son* will not compleat your life and make you happy. You won't be happy until you realize that your problem is you. I will not subject *son* to your selfish misguided intensions. He already knows what it feels like when you get bored and decide there must be something else that makes you happy. I know you thought that everything would feel right again when *stepmom* took you back and even with the new baby its still not enough. It took you 8 years to decide you wanted visitation rights? Bulls**t- like everything you are. Bulls**t. You are a very unstable person, have threatend to kill me and take *son* "where I could never find him", and I WILL NOT put my son in danger so you can stop feeling guilty for being a peice of s**t. Regards to the wife. She desrves a medal.

~*son's mom*

DH has not threatened her life - he said something  to her mom regarding her, and son's mom heard about it through a friend, and filed a police report - this was the first time husband moved back to Hawaii. They were not living together. No charges were ever filed. He has NEVER threatened to take their son.

(Edited to censor profanity from the e-mail. )

socrateaser

Keep it as evidence to prove mother's hostility towards father. Consider the possibility that it may raise issues as to father's hostility, as well, that could be explored in a court room, should you choose to offer it into evidence.

Lyrael924