Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 02:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mom Won't Provide Med Ins Info

Started by Samson2005, Mar 19, 2007, 01:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samson2005

Hi.

I took the child to a clinic to see a doc. Mother has the medical insurance info and will not provide it to me or the clinic. I had to pay full price.

Any suggestions on how to get the insurance info?

The court order says that mother will keep father informed of all medical, educational, spiritual ...etc... which she does not.  

The medical history of child ends 8 years ago in that city. I know that doctors have been seen but there is no record. Its as in an alias is being used.

Thanks in advance...

Sunshine1

You need to file contempt and an order to show cause.  I just went through this and my ex's lawyer advised him he would lose, and handed the cards over the day before court.  First you need to ask for the cards and get a refusal, then you can file for contempt.

notnew

Is the CP under court order to provide the health insurance for the child?

You have a reasonable expectation to have medical insurance information should the child need medical care while in your custody and control.

If court fails, in the worst case scenario, I would carry medical insurance on the child myself to keep this from happening AND to make sure that there was ACTUAL coverage in place just in case of serious illness or accident in the future. In fact, based on some of what was posted, I think carrying your own insurance is prudent.

Sunshine1

I do carry my own insurance on our child so he is always covered.  BF tends to switch jobs quite often so there is always a 3 month lapse every 6 -7 months or so.

Even though the NCP is required to carry insurance, I still use my insurance and submit the entire bill I have to pay at the end of my insurance covering it.  As a result of BF not carrying it, I get reimbursed the total bill.

Yes it is actually a favor to the BF that I carry insurance but paying 500.00 up front and the cycle I must endure to collect, will earn me a ticket to the funny farm...so I just carry it as back up.  :)

mistoffolees

You might want to check on the insurance coverage under COBRA when BF switches jobs. When we terminate an employee or an employee quits, they retain insurance coverage for a while (I can't remember if it's 30 or 60 days) under our policy. They can also choose to carry it for longer if they pay the premium.

So, if you have expenses shortly after BF has changed jobs but before his new insurance starts, you may still be able to file under the older policy.

Of course, that's a nuisance, but if there are any significant expenses shortly after he's quit a job it's probably worth looking at.

Sunshine1

Cobra would be great....I love the entire proposal...the trick is getting BF to pay the premium to take the Cobra option.  I have no say in that transaction.

Its like you said before, they would rather put themselves in complete and utter peril before they would do me any favors.  Cuckoo cuckooo.

MixedBag

is to call the human resources office of the place where BM works.

ASK them for the information and explain why you want it.

OFFER to send them a copy of the current court order where BM is ordered to carry the coverage and provide the information.

They might be willing to give you the basics -- Name of  Company and Policy Number.  And that should get you started in the right direction.

mistoffolees

>Cobra would be great....I love the entire proposal...the
>trick is getting BF to pay the premium to take the Cobra
>option.  I have no say in that transaction.
>

It's actually pretty expensive if you have to pay for it - (I think ours is $800 per month for a family, if I remember correctly). We hardly ever have anyone pay for it because if you're going to another job, the new insurance kicks in pretty quickly.

But the first 30 or 60 days is free, so that part may help.