Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 04:50:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Custody - parent is trying to take kids out of state

Started by daralaws, May 11, 2004, 12:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daralaws

My live-in boyfriend (of 2 years) has had 50/50 custody for 2 years, prior to that he had full custody of two kids. The mother has bribed and manipulated the kids against him and is now trying to move them out of state. Yesterday we went to mediation and although she has violated the court order twice and has some stuffed against her, the mediator still is recommending that the kids go with her. He is a good, hardworking father, with no prior record. How is this possible that she can do this? We have elected to have a hearing on June 14th were he can provide witnesses and evidence as to why the mediator made the wrong choice. What can I do?
Frustrated in Ventura, CA

Kitty C.

Tell the mediator that the recent LaMusga decison changed all that and the courts MUST consider the impact on the children of being removed from one parent.  I hope you've filed a TRO to keep her from leaving the state with the kids until this is resolved.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......