Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help with CPS visit request-this is creepier than the last time

Started by StPaulieGirl, Aug 13, 2004, 01:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

>From what I've read last week on different sites, this is a
>civil matter not a criminal investigation.  I'm going to be at
>the hospital most of this week and will tell my son not to
>answer the door or the phone, unless he knows who it is.

Be aware that they will often try to force their way into your home by bringing a police officer with them. They will imply that they have a right to come in, but they don't.

Read these for more information:

Guidelines On Handling Home Visits From Social Workers
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/socialworkers.htm

Dealing With CPS: Demand a Copy of the Search Warrant
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/cpswarrant.htm

StPaulieGirl

I'm so glad you posted that message.  I'm ready to strangle people right now.

I actually have a probate attorney, who is pretty useless.  I could give them his name. Unfortunately I did talk to her, politely but firmly.  The kids were out of town at their sisters, and my daughter called the worker and told her what the situation was.  My son refused to talk.  He came home and the little one stayed.  The worker called up friday and I handed the phone to my son.  He talked with her for about 20 min.  I can be just as condescending as she can, and we just sat on the phone patting each other on the back.  Disgusting waste of my time and taxpayers money.

The thing I don't get is why she kept asking me about my taking them to the doctor.  Since I have never asked my ex for his part of every stinking co-pay, I asked him to take the youngest to the dentist.  I guess that makes me neglectful?  This woman wants my kids shot records?  You wouldn't believe want these people want!  

I will keep your advice in mind when/if I have to talk to these people again.

StPaulieGirl

I'm running behind.  I haven't had much sleep, and I'm slower than cold molasses.

My girl is in a lot of pain.  In addition to the broken thigh bone, she has a broken finger on her right hand, and the usual bruises and abrasions.  They put flexible metal rods in her leg, but the doctor doesn't see the need to put her in a cast?  She has dreams where she's running or walking up steps, then her leg jerks.  Fill in the reaction.  Because of the level of pain she's in, the nurse thinks there's something else.  I think I'll raise that point with the doctor.

Here is what happened Saturday:

We were all there and X and his wife showed up Saturday, but we stayed in the hallway, except for my son in law.  My kid unleashed on them about CPS to the point that her blood pressure spiked, the alarm went off at the nurses station, and a couple of nurses ran in there.  SOL was there, but left the room when that happened.  That woman admitted to my kid that she called.  She is the same type of person as X.  She told her that she is a "mandatory reporter, and it's her job".  She apparently replied that it is not your job, I have a mother, and you are a bitch.  That's when my SOL left.

I'm in a hurry, so I copied and pasted the above from my email to my aunt.  I edited the names out.

I'm exhausted.  Her father spent the night last night with her, as is his legal constitutional right.  That's okay Satan, when I get done with you both, you'll wish you all hadn't started this crap.

I have a plan(rolling my eyes)

Please say prayers for my girl, and the girl who was driving.  She has a cracked pelvis, fractured elbow, and a hole that goes an inch deep in her head.  

Kitty C.

And I have a good feeling that it's probably the norm for every state:

Mandatory reporters are ONLY mandated to report abuse 'in the context of the position that requires them to be a reporter in the first place.'  Since I am an EMT, I am ONLY mandated to report abuse while I am working in the capacity of an EMT.

Regardless of whether she's a mandatory reporter or not, it is NOT her 'job' to report abuse.  In what capacity is she an MR:  teacher, SW, nurse?  Doesn't make any difference, unless she was 'officially teaching' the kids, 'officially counseling' them, or 'officially treating' them, she does NOT have an obligation to report.

Tell her to go piss up a rope...........and that I said so............

What a POS..........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

Thanks for the reply, Kitty.  I wasn't sure what to think.  This woman is an elementary school teacher.  God help her students.  To me it indicates a character defect.  If you actually witness abuse, you'd call the cops, wouldn't you?  You wouldn't sneak around calling CPS.

Well baby is back home earlier than we all expected.  As soon as she could hobble to the bathroom on a walker, they released her.  We managed to get her out of the car (getting into the car was a preview).  My son and I wheeled her around back through the patio, and lifted her and the wheelchair into the kitchen.  We thought she'd be there for a couple of more days, so I didn't bring any clothes.  Her sister was going to bring her clothes tomorrow.  She went home in a hospital gown.  Doesn't matter, she doesn't want to deal with putting on bottoms(can't lift her leg-no cast these days), so she's wearing an adult size t-shirt.  As much pain as she's in, she managed to let us get us out of the wheelcahir and on her walker to use the bathroom.  It wasn't so bad.

Her friends came by, and their dad said he could build a temporary ramp for the front steps.  That made her feel better.  

I'm going to draft a letter to to Ms. Wonderful's  school district and the principal of the school she teaches at, for starters.  I'm very angry that the thought of those two using this against me even crossed my mind.

Better get off, baby wants on the computer :-)  (unfortunately they only gave her Tylenol #3's, so she's counting the hours until the next dose)

StPaulieGirl

Thanks Brent.  I read it on my way out the door, and left it up for my son to read.  Don't know if he read it or not.  Most of us who don't know end up breaking every "don't".  I did it the time the first social worker barged into my house.

See my reply to Kitty for update on my girl's condition.  We got her on the couch.  I guess I'll be camping out on the floor in the living room with her.  

It looks like I'm not going to have a lot of time in the next few days to research who to complain about her to, but I will find who I need.  If her employer can be held liable, maybe they'll listen.

Kitty C.

Is she actually a teacher to your kids?  Because if not, I'd be calling the school and telling them she's abusing her power.  Because that's exactly what it is.  But even with teachers, I believe that their first contact would be with CPS/DHS.

I could have reported MANY people, for kids not even belted or riding in the back of trucks, for some parent smacking their child for whining in the grocery store, for so many other things.  But if I had, I could very easily have my EMS certification taken away for abuse of power.  I can't call them every single time I see something I 'think' might be suspicious.....AND if it were known that I had any kind of 'relationship' (good or bad) with the purported 'abuser', then I'd come under the microscope immediately.

Now, if I get called as an EMT to a home where I see a child with bruises that don't quite fit the norm for a child at play, burn marks with demarcation lines (or small, circular ones), and various other suspicious markings, I am required by law to report it directly to DHS.  I would, no doubt, tell the cops too, but I must first make a verbal report to DHS and follow that up with a written one within 48 hours.

Don't know if CA's standards are the same, but I can bet it can't be too far off.

And good to hear that your daughter is home, too.  They are sending them home a lot quicker than they used to, more from pressure from the ins. companies than anything else.  Just make sure she doesn't do too much too son.  Kids, even when they're hurt, can still believe they're invinsible, and over-extend themselves and suffer set-backs.  She just needs to give her body time to heal.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

FALSE REPORTING
Cal. Penal Code § 11172(a) (West, WESTLAW through 2002 Reg. Sess. & 3rd Ex. Sess.)

Any other person reporting a known or suspected instance of child abuse shall not incur civil or criminal liability as a result of any report authorized by this article unless it can be proven that a false report was made and the person knew that the report was false or was made with reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the report, and any person who makes a report of child abuse known to be false or with reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the report is liable for any damages caused.

[p]Now to find where she works.  I thought I knew, but of course it was a lie.  I guess this woman is made out of the same material as my ex.  
[p]I'm beat, and little one hasn't had her sponge bath yet.  Her friends came over with board games, and they're having fun, so I'll leave her alone.  The social worker called and left a message, which I didn't return.  I still think they let her go home too soon.  She was in a lot of pain this morning, and still hasn't done #2 yet.  A positive note is that she's so involved with her friends that she didn't ask for pain meds yet.  She was due an hour ago.  However, I need to give her one in case she has to get to the bathroom, or otherwise leave the wheelchair.  

[p]I wouldn't want to be in a position of "mandatory reporter".  I would spend all my time second guessing myself.

Kitty C.