Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 07, 2024, 08:23:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Let sleeping dogs lie or not?

Started by reagantrooper, Mar 14, 2005, 06:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reagantrooper

Soc;

In July,04 I filed a motion to modify and a motion to clerify. These motions where filed in response to an order for me to pay my X some monies associated with a tax debt she incurred as a result of the forcloser of the marital home in 97.

As a matter of course the the X objected to both of these motions.

The court did/has not made an "final" order with regards to these motions however the court did order the following on August 8 , 04:

"While the respondent objects, the court is concerned about the accuracy of the amount paid by Ms. ***** to the IRS and cited in the courts order of July 28.2004 as $9282.00. The courts order was based on MS. ***** representation the she had incurred a liability with the IRS which she had paid."

"MS. ***** is therfore ordered to to file an affidavit under oath with supporting IRS documentation establishing the amount assessed to MS. ***** by the IRS in 1997 from the deficiency forgiven by mortage corp and the actual amount pais by MS.***** to the IRS within 14 days of this order."

My X filed this affidavit within the 14 days along with IRS documentation clerely showing that she did not pay the full amount of what she represented to the court. Her actual (assessed tax) amount was about $3500 less than what she had represented.

This was the last I heard from the court or my X about this issue. I have not paid her anything with regards to this issue. I expected some sort of "final" order on this. Now its some 8 months later and nothing. FYI I have not moved,relocated or changed my number. I pick up my child EOW from X so there has been some contact.

1. Should I call the court and inquire about the status of this issue?

2. Should I say something to the X about this?

3. Should I just let sleeping dogs lie and wait?

4. Should I expect a rude awakening form the court if I dont call them?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

socrateaser

If it's been eight months and the court has never ruled on your motions, then you're entitled to a final order on them, unless the court order that you received already was termed final. It appears that the court has forgotten all about you.

I don't know how you planned to use the information or what exactly your motions requested, so I can't comment further until you tell me.