Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 09:19:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Another so called "Deadbeat Dad"

Started by MYSONSDAD, Feb 16, 2005, 11:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

Man Arrested as a Dead Beat Dad says He is Innocent
From KPNX-TV Channel 12 News
12 News
Feb. 14, 2005 08:51 PM

Dinner at Jeff Naylor's place is always a production. The father of seven and the grandfather of five always has a lot going on..

But Sunday was different. Naylor says he didn't have a clue why four Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies were at his door, ready to arrest him for being a dead beat dad. "I couldn't believe what was going on. My whole family couldn't believe it."

Naylor said he showed the deputies court documents he believes prove he doesn't owe his ex-wife anything. But he was arrested anyway, handcuffed infront of his house infront of his kids. "I was embarrassed, sad at what they're doing to my dad. He didn't do anything wrong" daughter Kristi Naylor told 12 News.

Her father saiid, "I had it all out infront of them. Pay stubs, garneshments, everything and showed them and they said warrants valid we need to take you in."

The sheriff's department says the paperwork Naylor showed was not current. And they had a warrant signed by a judge from September 2004. Naylor says the most recent paperwork is still down at Superior court. He understands mistakes get made but now wants an apology. "I am angry, very angry. It hurts me. It hurts that there are people I know who saw this and what they are thinking."

"Children learn what they live"

c_alexander

man, I believe that we need to put some pressure on the judge and the sheriffs department by writing them some bad letters and le thtem know they need to apologize offically to him. If the NAACP can get a guy fired for using the world "niggerdly" then at the very least the judge and the sheriffs department can apologize to him.
Anyone have the specifics as to where we can send letters to these people?