Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 03:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

IT IS OVER

Started by T0052SC, Feb 03, 2005, 05:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T0052SC

I posted this on the custody board but was recommended to post this on the fathers board also.  Hope this can help some of you by giving you some insperation of what the fight is for.

Some of you may remember some of my postings, but I will give a little history just in case. This all started a year ago when I filed for a divorce from my wife. Just before I filed she had made a lot of threats that she would never allow me to see the kids again and then even tried to have a restraining order put on me by calling the police one night. Lucky for me the cops saw right through her. It has been a hard road I have had to hire two PIs, install nanny cams, record every phone call along with personal meetings, write a journal, had her attorney suggested to go in front of a professional conduct committee, and get people fired and arrested for illegal actions.

But after doing all this it has finally paid off. It put me in a place where she no longer wanted to fight me but meet my demands. We went to mediation this last Monday. We spent the entire day there because her attorney wanted to get this settled now so when we went to the hearing today for a reduction in child support we could just present this instead. They agreed to my terms and signed the agreement this morning. When my attorney and I went into court (her attorney and her left after signing, and left the hearing up to my attorney and me) I had my final trial instead of the hearing to reduce child support and the judge approved the final stipulation. Even though it was just I and my attorney the judge still made me take the stand.

Now I feel like a new man. My custody is joint legal with 50/50 physical, but the kids have to attend my school district and if the mother moves more than 45 miles from my residence she will forfeit her physical custody time. I don't pay any alimony, very little child support (I agreed to give her some even though are incomes are equal because she has racked up so much debt that she has had to move into low income housing and may have to file bankruptcy), and I didn't get stuck with any of her debt. I feel like a million dollars today.

My attorney said that he will take this as a win. He told me after words that he felt this was the best out come we could have gotten; because when we had started I didn't have much if any hard evidence. He said it was all my hard work, two PIs, and a ton of research that moved us from a very defensive position to being able to plan our future.

The judge was very happy that we could solve this during mediation, and she even gave me a hats off for how far I have come.

I just thought I would share this high moment of mine with all of you, because if it wasn't for this site and a lot of your suggestions I don't know if I would have made it this far. Thank you very much for all the support.

c_alexander

Man that sounds absolutely great. I am very happy for you, and your kids and family. My only wish is that the rest of the stories on this forum were like this....maybe someday they all will be. One can only hope.

I wish the best to you and yours. Enjoy your time with your children and make every second of it count.

sincerely,
Chris Alexander