Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 12, 2024, 04:19:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

what about the disabled???

Started by Omar, Mar 04, 2004, 08:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omar

What about NCP's that become completely and permanently disabled?

Due to 14 ruptured and herniated disc, OPLL, and degerative disc and joint disease, I'll never work again. Fact is, most days I'm flat of my back staring at the ceiling. I haven't been able to work since Nov 2001. I was even arrested while I was still wearing bandages in SC and put in jail for three days awaiting trial. At that trial the judge - Alvin Johnson, Pickens Co. South Carolina - after seeing my medical records and my wounds, sentenced me to one year hard labor on the chain-gang unless my parents forked over $2000 out of thier meager retirement income towards my past due child support. The court refuses to hear I haven't and cant work and has issued more warrants for my arrest. What can I do???? If I return to SC to see my kids, I go to jail. If I do nothing, I'm stuck. Isn't it true that I can't so much as get a drivers license here in AL as long as there are warrants elsewhere? They are misdemeanor warrants, but for unpaid CS. Is there ANY way to have the amount reduced? I should be getting my Social Security Disability within the next couple of months. Each child will then recieve a monthly allotment along with a payment of back time since I applied.

Look, I love my kids. I'm not a dead-beat. I've always worked hard in my life, but now I'm practically bed-ridden. How is it I'm now a criminal? I can't afford a lawyer. Until my claim is complete I'm living off the generousity of family and friends.

thanks,
Omar

Kitty C.

NOW is the time you need to be talking to your state reps. and KEEP talking till they get sick of hearing from you.  Yes, once SS kicks in, there will be some relief, but until then you're screwed.

Another outlet that you should definitely try is the media.  You need to get your story OUT.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......