Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Topics - ocean

Child Support Issues / Activities past 18
Jan 15, 2016, 03:23:06 PM
We are in state where child support is until 21. Sd is almost 19 , out of HS, and PB just sent a bill for a gym membership and wants us to pay half. What do you think?  I googled and only found that in our state visitation/custody ends at 18 and child support and health ends at 21. Court papers just state half of activities, no end date.
General Issues / Contempt of court--deed?
Jun 20, 2014, 04:38:22 PM
Hi guys,
My SIL divorce finalized. In it, her ex was supposed to sign the deed to house to her. Her lawyer has sent it to his lawyer and requested his signature with no response. Her lawyer said, next step is to do a contempt of court hearing but wants another retainer for that. How/Where would you file for this? Family court? Civil? May try to file contempt herself since it is already court ordered.

Another contempt is not paying for service to figure out and disburse his pension evaluation. She paid her fee, ex has not. Same thing, need to file contempt.

Hopefully this last letter to his lawyer will make him follow the new order but now going on a few months...ugg...
Child Support Issues / How to change order?
Mar 21, 2012, 03:29:12 PM
Dh has nothing in his divorce papers about how many days to get us receipts that he splits (medical and activities). He just went into court over past bills and judge told him to "write a stipulation of agreement" that BM has 30 days to give DH any bills. Judge said to do this before the next court date.
The issue is that from my understanding a stipulation is an agreement by both parties. We know BM will not sign anything.
So do we file modification of child support? Is that included in child support...just to say the numbers of days. The issue came up that we are dealing with bills from 2007 now and judge told her no more, needs to be changed.
Custody Issues / Amymarie?
Jun 23, 2009, 01:46:01 PM
How is everything going? Did they schedule a therapist to meet your SD yet?
Dear Socrateaser / Changing agreement....
Aug 28, 2004, 06:25:50 PM
We are in NY.

My Ex and I have separation papers that we filled out and filed with the county clerk. These papers address child support (and visitation). Child support is direct deposited into my checking account without CSE involvement at all.

1. Since these papers were stamped by the clerk, does that make the child support "court ordered"? (We never saw a judge)

2. We have agreed to raise the amount and include after-care fees. Can we write this up and file this with the clerk and become "official"?

I guess it comes down to:

3. If he stopped paying, do these papers hold up in court?

Thanks for all you do here!

I have a friend who needs ideas for a 9 month old to visit his father. They will be 7 hours apart-different states.  What have you guys done? Did it change as the child got older (before school-age)?
Thanks! :)
Father's Issues / KathyNY....How was court?
Aug 29, 2006, 07:15:19 PM
How did court go today?
Father's Issues / KathyNY....How is it going?
Aug 21, 2006, 05:01:10 PM
Did the kids come back? What is happening? Hope all is good!