Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 12:34:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Eval timeline and questions

Started by getsmart, Nov 22, 2006, 11:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getsmart

Would it smell of revenge even if all I'm trying to do is put our current parenting plan in legal writing?  I was hoping the evaluator would make the decision of if I should have more.  I've been the primary caretaker since BM left and thats all I was trying to get in writing, but BM refuses.

socrateaser

>Would it smell of revenge even if all I'm trying to do is put
>our current parenting plan in legal writing?  I was hoping the
>evaluator would make the decision of if I should have more.
>I've been the primary caretaker since BM left and thats all I
>was trying to get in writing, but BM refuses.

Nothing wrong with suggesting a parenting plan to the evaluator, stating that you have tried to negotiate with the other parent to no avail, and that you'd appreciate any "suggestions" that the evaluator may have to offer.

Keep it in your mind that the ideal for the court is a parent who puts themselves second behind their child. This doesn't mean you should be self destructive, but you need to act as if, were you to lose all custody because the child's interests required it, that you would favor the decision no matter how much it injured you.

That's the ideal. Don't get carried away with it or the evaluator/court will see through the ruse. This all works best when the other parent is bad mouthing you to death. You're smiling and advocating the child's interests and the other parent is showing his/her ass.

Get it?