Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 03:35:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Support order not within guidelines AT ALL!!! What to do?

Started by steppedon, Jun 26, 2004, 11:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steppedon

I am writiong for my brother.

He is currently unemployed, and his unemployment compensation ran out in May. Three months ago, he had a support modification based on his unemployment. It ordered $73/week.

He just went back based on a modification request from his ex.

The ex was requesting the same amount.

He was requesting a reduction.

The court ordered an increase to $200 week!

He is ready to file bankruptcy! He doesn't have the money.

We are in CT, which has guidelines requiring no more than a 15% deviation. The judge clearly violated this, but my brother obviously cannot afford an appeal.

Any advice?
Thanks,
steppedon

rini

hi

in my opinion your brother can not afford NOT TO APPEAL.

to have income imputed you have to prove that he is deliberately not working.  now if this is the case then the judge is with in his rights in ordering this.  but if he lost his job was on unemployment and just has not found one yet  IMO he should be waiting tables if he can find no other work but i understand the economy is bad.

if he does not appeal and get off his but and find out how to prepare the appeal himself he will loose big time and eventually end up in jail for failure to pay.

my advice try and find a local ncfc national congress for fathers and children to my knowledge there is a branch in every state.  

go to the county office and see if some one there will help you prepare the appeal

rini

mom2mtj

Claiming bankruptcy does not get rid of a cs obligation.