Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 04:43:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support, Two Years Running

Started by momandstepmom, Sep 18, 2005, 10:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momandstepmom

Divorced for almost 2 years. Divorce was MESSY and lasted for almost a year. Got fed up and signed papers (after three lawyers' involvement) just to get the jerk (ex) off my back. Gave him his boat, 401K, half the house, cars; you name it. All I cared about was the kids. Stupid move, but done now.
The decree stated the marital home went up for sale and until it was sold, my ex was to pay the mortgage payment (to the tune of $600/month) in lieu of child support.
Housing market stinks, house has been up for sale for two years; and nothing. I cannot get support. Ex does not have to contribute to medical costs, insurance, child care, etc.....
I go to school full time and work full time, barely paying utitlities. On food stamps and financial aid, can barely pay for kids.

I CAN'T GET HELP!!!!!  No one wants to rescind this order or help out. FOTC does not care, the judge doesn't care; no one does. My kids suffer with nothing. Ex refuses to help, all the while buying new cars, jet skis, boats, toys, etc.....

I can't even clothe my kids.

HOW can I get help with this? Can't afford a lawyer. What do I do? "At least I have a roof over my head", I've heard that one before.

For the record, the court ordered support amount prior to the divorce decree being filed was $899/month for basic support. No child care included. (note-much less than the $600/month house payment)

Anyone have any tips, suggestions? Anyone been through this? FOTC says they haven't seen anything this bad in about 15 years, but that is no solace to me.

I'm at my wits' end, and my kids need clothes and such.

Hitting my head against a brick wall here....

reagantrooper

The Father is paying you $600/mo already so to say he does not help is not true. If this amount is covering the house payment thats not a bad deal.

You say that you work full time. Mabey you have some money management issues that you need to deal with. I mean you say you cant get your kids clothes dispite working full time. The tax payers are helping you buy food.

Not sure how you and your X got around the child support laws I would be interested in knowing this. I mean how can a judge let a NCP not pay CS in any amount and instead pay the mortgage?

I thought that if a mom was on welfare that agency was mandated to go after the NCP. Somthing just does not make sense with this story.

Good luck to ya!