Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 08:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do I just sit and wait?

Started by downperiscope, Nov 12, 2006, 06:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downperiscope

The day before I was to go into court in front of the judge my ex accepted one of three proposals concerning child support.

She and the prosecutor felt that the offer was fair I guess. In the proposal it states that she is to provide a current paycheck stub and her current insurance information.

That was back on the 3o of October. I thought she was to come in and sign the papers on the 31st the day we were to appear in front of the judge. Then I found out that the prosecutor sent her the papers and she was to return them signed with the required financial information. She lives 15 miles from here so its not far. Not like it going cross country or anything.

Well its now November 12 and its been almost two weeks. I am sick and tired of this. When I call my attorneys office they kept saying nothing yet. When they told me her and the office that was representing her had a agreed on one of our proposals I was glad but when they said she was not coming in to sign the papers I told them she would either drag her feet or not sign at all.

What Legal steps if any can I take to get some closure here. My attorney says if she does not sign the Child support prosecutor will go after her. I am tired of waiting for answer and I am tired of her being above the law.

What would your next steps be legally or would you just sit and wait. I do not want to have to start all of this all over again. She started it last March I just want it done and I know she is mad because yet again she is not getting what she thought she would.

mistoffolees

Have your lawyer send her a letter saying that if it isn't resolved by a certain date that you will turn it over to the Child Support Prosecutor for collection.