Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 02, 2024, 12:07:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BM claims I slapped my daughter!

Started by Tennessee Dad, Jul 06, 2004, 06:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecentDad

Hi,

It's good news that your BM conceded that you didn't slap your daughter.

It's BAD news that instead of keeping it between parents, she decided to make a scapegoat of your 6 year old daughter.

Here's a stab at your situation...

Is your ex a chronic blamer for all of her problems, that all of her difficulties are the faults of other people and not herself?

Just from this example, she had to state that SHE didn't pry the information out of daughter, that it's not HER fault that daughter said these things, and that SHE isn't causing the conflict (but rather your daughter is).

If that's the case, then you always need your guard up.  Any problems she has will daughter will either be your fault or daughter's.  That's bad for you and horrible for daughter.

In terms of settling... my mantra has always been, "Pray for peace, prepare for war."  If settling is possible, of course do it.  If not, you're prepared to do what you have to do.

Best,
DD

Tennessee Dad

You've got her pegged; it's always SOMEBODY elses fault.  She just can't see the difficulties in her life, she has brought on herself!  That's exactly what we are trying to get D out of!  

Thanks for your responses; sounds like you've been through it, too!

SallyandJack

i agree with your attorney and i was going to suggest that - try to have a witness with you at all times until the trial is over.  Actually - if you want to win...don't try - you must have a witness.

and i would start working on getting those affidavits now from all who were at that gathering and witnessed.  but beyond that i wouldn't worry about that particular incident too much.

i am not sure i agree with talking to your daughter about truth & lies at this point.  PAS is tough to fight against.  the child is being prompted by her mother...it sucks.  i think, given that she is so young, your best bet is to just show even more love than you ever have (if that is possible?).  talking to her about truth & lies is going to put her in the middle.  kwim?  but others here may have a different opinion than me.

SallyandJack

shoot - i posted my reply before i saw these.

also agree....her making that presentation could be a tactic in getting you to let your guard down.  Do not trust it!!!  Do not let your guard down!!!