Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 09:21:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need some suggestions

Started by tryn2begooddad, Jul 26, 2004, 06:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryn2begooddad

Howdy folks been away for awhile due to life in general but now I am back. I need some suggestions for helping my significant other deal with her PBFH.  They have an agreement to pay child care and support costs separately.  He is sticking to the adage of I will pay you when I pay you since it isnt exactly spelled out in their decree as to when she will recieve the monies. His attitude is you have primary physical custody so you are responsible to ensure the bills are paid on time for the kids and I will pay you when I pay you.. This hurts the kids (2 great little boys) because it puts undue stress on her. I know she doesnt relish the idea of going back into court but I feel that it might be the only way by having the decree amended. Any advice would be welcomed and if more info is needed just let me know..hope everyone is doing well

Peanutsdad

Most states have an enforcement division for cs. Has she applied for their services?

If not,, she can,, and they will help her get the matter taken care of.

tryn2begooddad

Peanuts,
Yes we have checked that route and in CT she has to actually go back to court since a payment time frame was specifically spelled out in the final decree..The PBFH is very good with semantics and my SO isnt so good with them but she is doing good overall (with a little semantics coaching). It is a shame too because the kids are the ones that get hurt by his non payment in a reasonable time frame. but thank you for the suggestion.

Helping Brent

Has she thought about filing with DCSE (Department of Child Support Enforcement?  They have guidelines and she can have them go to court for her regarding this issue.  Thats what I had to do.

http://www.dss.state.va.us/division/childsupp/

Not sure if this will help or not.  But tell her to keep records/logs of everything she will need this at a latter date.
Best of luck

our4girlz

Did you fill out the paperwork to start the case??

Lawmoe

Try mediation first.  It is an absolute guarantee that the Court will spell out a timeline and mechanism for exchanging divisible expenses and repaying them.  If child care is an expense and can be averaged, a flat amount each month may be required.  If not, repayment with in a week or two may be appropriate.