Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 17, 2024, 11:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Single dad friend needs help

Started by gcan611, Nov 05, 2004, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcan611

A friend of mine is on his way to Georgia right now (from Jersey).  Background:  at the beginning of the summer, he gave his ex permission to take thier 12 yo to live in Union County, Georgia.  He isn't exactly the most attentive father in the world, but I personally thought the kid would've been better of than with mom.  

Anyway, he got a phone call at work today saying his kid is in DYFS custody (or whatever social services agency is down there?), he is living in a foster home.  He has absolutly no idea what to do once he is down there.  Any suggestions?  Any phone numbers for him?

ANY help would be greatly apreciated, thanks!

wendl

I think he will need to play the social service game. Find out who the case worker for the case is, then if he requests custody usually they will put him thru a bunch of crap.

I would have him contact and attorney ASAP.

Does he know why the kids are in a foster home???

Try and post to soc, I am not sure if he has left for vacation yet.

Lawmoe

He must call the social worker who will schedule a meeting or interview. Depending on how that interview goes, a recommendation will be made with regard to placement.

Since the father lives out of State, it is unlikely placement willbe modified in the short term.  It may occur ultimately, but only after a hearing.