Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 02:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Father rights for duel military custody in Virginia

Started by ConfusedFather, Sep 09, 2005, 06:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConfusedFather

I am looking for any info I can get. My fiance and I are both in the military, she left for a 6 month deployment 5 months ago. She informed me that we are no longer engaged and she will be moving out as soon as she gets back. She will be getting out of the military in a few months and I am afraid she is going to try and take our only child with her to Hawaii.  I am the only solid foundation my child had ever had and don't want to cause him any unneccasary pain. I hope that we will be able to work things out but honestly don't think it will go well.  If you have any info that could help me please help me.

Forthelittleones

If you have him, you need to file now, showing that you are the primary care giver.  I would talk with an attorney NOW!

joni

file for a status quo, to keep things as they are right now.  ask for joint legal custody of your child with YOU as the SOLE custodial parent.

don't let your guard down, I'm sure when she gets home, she'll be nicey, nice and say she wants to reconcile.  as soon as you drop your guard, she'll file for custody and take your kid.

I'm sure your instincts are right, she's hooked up with someone in the middle east and he's based in Hawaii.  follow your gut.

great place to find an attorney who's certified in family law:

//www.aaml.org/directory.htm