Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 09:21:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

caught cheating

Started by razey, Sep 06, 2009, 08:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razey

Hello everyone,

I am in a huge dilemma, i live in Puerto Rico with my wife and 6 month old. We were married in virginia.
Anyhow i went to Baltimore on a business trip and sent an e-mail to my ex gf wanting to hook up. my wife got a hold of it and took my son to Louisiana where she lives.
I know i know, i am horrible for doing this, she says she needs time to think about us etc etc...
anyhow here is my dilemma, i want everything to work out between us, but i want to see my kid. If i give her time to think things out and then she decides to not be with me, i would essentially be telling the courts that i agree with the long distance relationship with my son. What should i do?

Momfortwo

Basically, yes.  Especially if the visit turns into months.   Consult with an attorney. 

BTW, it's kind of hard to work on a marriage when the two of you are not in the same geographical location. 

snowrose

The easiest way to see your son is to do right by your wife.  Put the marriage back together if you can and you'll be a lot better off.  Sounds to me like you have a whole bunch of apologizing to do to your wife, and then you might try just talking to her about what went wrong.  You can be sure that she won't trust you for a while.  You're going to have to earn back her trust.

Read some of the posts here, the things people are going through.  Believe me, you really don't want to go through that stuff.  So if your wife really isn't that bad of a partner, make a real effort to try to make it work.