Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 23, 2024, 01:04:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

temporary Guardianship Forms ICE

Started by blh1013, Dec 14, 2009, 03:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blh1013

I was wondering if these would stand:
My exwife listed on our 12 y/o emergency card that in case of emergencey only she and my hsuband can pick him up. In many cases, this is not feasible, as her job is more than a hour drice, and hubby being funerla director, might not be able to break away. I (stepmom) live with hub 5 miles, adn being a stay at home mom, would be ideal.

My husband types up a form tyitled Consent of guardianship: the first page lists our son's personal info, school and doctor info, medical insurance card, both parents/legal guardian (at  least what info we have of mom), adn lists me and paternal uncle as contacts authorized in case neither parent can be reached.
he put five clauses: I affirm te child is my biological chil and have joint legal custody.; i give full consent and authroization for the child to live withor travel with temp guardian.; give temp authorization to act in my place and make decisions pertaining to child's educational, medical ad mental health.
i give temporary authoirzation to authorize medical and dental treamtent,for the child, not limited to xrays, test, hospital care, and other treatments that in the temporaryguardian's sole opinion are needed, neccessary, and beneficial for the child (in the absence of being able to contact biological parents). This authorization will cover the period from (date) until Feb 21, 2015 (day after 18th bday)

Hubby signed and willing to notiarized.

WIll this stand since mom is pulling the "ony parents can answer in emergencey? I ask this becasue he was suspended twice, adn neither parent coul be contacted, adn even though school has an emergencey card from both parents, adn we provided the court decree (which she didn't), I think something like this is necessary, or would it be shot down?

Brandee

MixedBag

sounds like  power of attorney to me.

does dad have joint custody?

blh1013

all the decrees all wordered as mom has primary physical cusotdy adn bothparents have joint legal custody, justhis occupationmakes it difficult to leave a funerla when i'm closer, adn mom refuses to answer calls (goes to voicemail)-- wehn we took hi  to the hospital for a to injury last yearon a monday and left message b/c kids kep asking for mom, she didn't return call until thrus.

MixedBag

I think Dad should take the form to the school, ADD your name as the #3 option, talk to the principal and explain the situation (maybe even ONE more time), and then let it be.

When dad gets a call, he should call you next and then off you go with another copy of power of attorney in hand.