Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 10:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

please give your opinion

Started by John-J-Jay, Sep 14, 2007, 10:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John-J-Jay

I have a hearing coming up in court trying to get child support from my ex wife. I was told by my atty's legal assitant that my ex is going to use the fact that i'm a dad rasing a girl and that my daughter is a "tom boy". My daughter likes to play soccer, basketball and softball. She isn't in dance or anything like that. Can something like this be used against me in an attempt for my ex to try to regain custody after i've raised my child for 8 years?

Davy

>"I was told by my atty's legal assitant that my ex is going to use the >fact that i'm a dad rasing a girl and that my daughter is a "tom boy". >My daughter likes to play soccer ... Can something like this be used >against me in an attempt for my ex to try to regain custody after i've >raised my child for 8 years?

Of course not.  It would be appropriate to create a bumper sticker saying  " My daughter can kick your daughter a$$ " and distribute them as you see fit.

John-J-Jay

it's amazing what an atty can come up. Having custody for 10 yrs and having a hearing on child support a crazy judge could give my ex custody if the judge wanted is that correct?

I'm so scared right now it's unreal. i've had 10 yrs of custody. my child makes great grades, doing great at home lots of friends, i have a very nice home, stable job, never been in trouble with the law, no drugs or abuse. Yet i still feel scared of the custody issue that she is trying to bring up.  

I can't wait till this is over....

Kitty C.

If the hearing is about support, they can't touch ANY custody issue.  If the BM wants to make waves regarding custody, she will have to file a separate petition for modification, WITH enough significant change of circumstance, to convince the court that a change in custody is warranted.

You're blending support and custody issues and you need to remember to keep them separate.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

mistoffolees

IMHO, the OP should seek counseling. About every 3 weeks, he's back here with another panic attack - even after being told repeatedly that the court is unlikely to take the kids away without significant cause after 10 years of custody. He's also been advised before that they can't bring up custody in a support hearing.

Basically, he's allows his ex to control his life and needs to learn to deal with things as they come up and not to live his entire life in a panic mode.

John-J-Jay

I have a hearing coming up in court trying to get child support from my ex wife. I was told by my atty's legal assitant that my ex is going to use the fact that i'm a dad rasing a girl and that my daughter is a "tom boy". My daughter likes to play soccer, basketball and softball. She isn't in dance or anything like that. Can something like this be used against me in an attempt for my ex to try to regain custody after i've raised my child for 8 years?

Davy

>"I was told by my atty's legal assitant that my ex is going to use the >fact that i'm a dad rasing a girl and that my daughter is a "tom boy". >My daughter likes to play soccer ... Can something like this be used >against me in an attempt for my ex to try to regain custody after i've >raised my child for 8 years?

Of course not.  It would be appropriate to create a bumper sticker saying  " My daughter can kick your daughter a$$ " and distribute them as you see fit.

John-J-Jay

it's amazing what an atty can come up. Having custody for 10 yrs and having a hearing on child support a crazy judge could give my ex custody if the judge wanted is that correct?

I'm so scared right now it's unreal. i've had 10 yrs of custody. my child makes great grades, doing great at home lots of friends, i have a very nice home, stable job, never been in trouble with the law, no drugs or abuse. Yet i still feel scared of the custody issue that she is trying to bring up.  

I can't wait till this is over....

Kitty C.

If the hearing is about support, they can't touch ANY custody issue.  If the BM wants to make waves regarding custody, she will have to file a separate petition for modification, WITH enough significant change of circumstance, to convince the court that a change in custody is warranted.

You're blending support and custody issues and you need to remember to keep them separate.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

mistoffolees

IMHO, the OP should seek counseling. About every 3 weeks, he's back here with another panic attack - even after being told repeatedly that the court is unlikely to take the kids away without significant cause after 10 years of custody. He's also been advised before that they can't bring up custody in a support hearing.

Basically, he's allows his ex to control his life and needs to learn to deal with things as they come up and not to live his entire life in a panic mode.