Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 03:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How long does she have to make-up?

Started by gemini3, Feb 29, 2008, 09:31:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

My husband just got back after being gone for 6 weeks for work.  Before he left he and the ex agreed (in writing) that she would make up the visitation he missed while he was gone.  Nothing was said about how the visitation would be made up, or how long she had to make it up.

Now she wants to add it to the kids summer with us.  They are with us on weekends and Spring Break already, so there isn't time when the kids aren't in school until summer vacation.  But, we live 20 minutes from her, and there's no reason why we can't take them to and from school.  

We don't see why he should have to wait four months to make up the visitation, or why he can't have the kids while they're in school.  Any suggestions?

MixedBag

Hard to say...

If the kids missed 6 weeks -- then I'd say over the next 6 weeks particularly if it was weekends.

12 weeks might be more workable.

Are they with dad EVERY weekend?

What's reasonable in dad's eyes?

gemini3

They're with dad all but the first weekend of the month.  We've missed that weekend for March.  It's this weekend, and she planned a second birthday party for one of the kids, even though the child's birthday was two weeks ago.  That was her reason for them not being able to come this weekend.

In April they're with him all weekends because of Spring Break.  May he'll be out of town the first weekend.  So, if we do weekends it will be June before he can make up even one.

He wants to have them for a week and make up the time all at once.  But that means we would have to take them back and forth to school, which she feels would be "disruptive".  I don't see how it's disruptive if they're with us for the whole week.  I could see it being a little disruptive if they're with us for 1/2 the week and their mom for 1/2 the week.

MixedBag

tigger

for joint custody.  If you guys have proven that you can take the kids to and from school for one week, there's no reason why you couldn't do it every other week and have 50/50 custody.  She fears this.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

gemini3

I think you hit the nail on the head my friend.  She used that as a reason I shouldn't get custody when we were in court - that she's been the one helping them with school, etc.  (Of course, she refused to let them bring homework to my house until the judge forced her).