Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 07:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer visitation

Started by kimwri0123, Jul 19, 2008, 07:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimwri0123

My question is can a controlling CP dictate and deny my visitation with my boys.  In April of this year I had to file a petition for modification of visitation b/c he wasn't letting me see my boys for reasons like not following his house rules when they were with me, I went 2 1/2 months w/o seeing them b/c I let oldest ride motorcycle, anyway that is in the past.  Now I have CO for visitation which states that we work out time.  they went on their Disney vacation during my granted holiday, memorial day, so I asked for the 4th of July b/c dad was gonna be out of the country working and they (new wife) refused me.  Back in April, the day after we signed papers, they sent me a proposed summer schedule which I never responded to.  They insist that I do 2 wks/3 times.  I want to keep them for my remaining 4 wks now.  the only reason I took them back after the first 2 wk visit was because of the 4th being their holiday and was afraid if I waited till 4th to return them then they wouldn't return them to me.  It states in the standard visitation for this jurisdiction that it is at the NCP's preference but they seem to think that since they sent me a schedule 3 mths ago that I have to go by this.  I have emailed a month in advance as ordered for my preference and they keep emailing me saying that I WILL meet them this Sunday (2morrow).  My attorney says keep them but I just want to do the right thing.  My boys want to stay as well.  Will I be in contempt if I keep them?

lilywhite

I would follow my attorney's advice whose job it is to keep you out of trouble.

MixedBag

Your attorney says keep them, huh?

How far apart are you and dad?

WHO pays for transportation.

And where is dad???  Like out of the country still?

Sounds like your new order isn't worth squat -- dealth with a CP who also wanted to dictate when kids could come.

And then again, as an NCP who paid for transportation, I tried letting the CP know 6 months in advance of when I wanted our son to come here and got told that I was being a control freak"....

But judge supported me because I was paying for the transportation.