Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 01, 2024, 10:35:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Clearing My Name

Started by Rknowlton, Mar 26, 2004, 08:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rknowlton

I posted my story on the Fathers Board and I was told I should post my question here. So here it is again.

What I need to know is..

1. can I get my record cleared since my kids will now come forward with the truth.

2. Can I get my kids out of this bad stiuation they are in.

This is my situation.

About 10 years ago I came home from work early one day. My wife and kids were leaving with a (friend of mine, a man) she said she needed a little time to think and would be back in a week. I was stuned. I didnt know what was going on. She left with my 5 kids. It was 3weeks befor I herd from her. She said that everything was fine and that she would be home soon. Then the phone calles started, every few day she would call telling me that everything was fine and not to worry or do anything. Especialy she didnt want me to cantact a lawyer! Which at that time was not on my mind anyway. This went on for 3 months. I never knew where her and the kids were. Then one day the police showed up at my house with paper work for a restraining order. I was so puzzled about this concidering her attitude on all of her phone calls. Well this ended the phone calls and started a money pit for me. When she left she cleaned out all of our bank accounts and even wrote 3k of bad checks which I foolishly made good so "she" wouldnt have any trouble.

But what happend next floored me. As soon as I got a lawyer and got visitation of my kids, my soon to be Ex filed charges of sexual abuse against me on 2 of my kids. I thought this would be over very quickly as that was a bunch of B_ but I was wrong. We went to court and the judge herd the evadance of 2 kids that were obviously tootered as to what to say and he threw the case out and warned my Ex not to pull that again and reinstated my visatation. But befor I got to see my kids on the first visit, my wife and her new DFS Appointed head hunter lawyer had me in court on another restreing order and had the first judge removed from the case. The fight went on for 2 years draining my money as they would pull me in court once or twice a month over nothing. All the time I never once got to see my kids. One of which was born after my Ex left. I didnt even know she was pregnant.

After the kids were practiced for 2 year in what to say in court the case went back to court. The first trial ended in a miss-trial then another year passed and back to court. I spent nearly $100,00.00 fighting this case and in the end I lost. I spent 1 year in county jail and have 2 felonys on my record. Oh there is much more that went on in the case but it realy dosnt matter in the end.
As soon as my case was over my EX-wife took off with my kids. To where I never knew. untill I got a call from my oldest son. He called to apoligise to me. He was one of the 2 that testafied against me. He related to me what happend and how. He and his other brother sent me signed noterized statements that prove what I have always said (Im Not Guilty!!). They explained that their mom told them that if they said what she wanted it wouldnt hurt daddy but she would get more child suport and would help her take care of them better. And she did get a good child suport settelment (and me no visatation ever). They explaind that it took so long to go to court because they had to learn what to say perfectly. My Ex would take them to her friends homes and have the kids repeat their story for them, night after night for 2 then 3 years. One of my sons has been put in a mental instatuation because of the stress put on him from his mother from the case. He is better now and dosnt want to ever see her again. She kicked him out when he was 15 when he refused to go along with her about the abuse charge against me and started to tell the truth. But it was by then to late for me. But they also told me of the phyical and emotional abuse they underwent (which has been confermed by the police). My ex has turned to drugs and she and my kids live in a dump that most people wont even step foot in.

As it is now I cant ever get visitation with my record. I have had phone calls ( in secret) from all of my kids begging me to help them. I have called and met with DFS (Missouri) and the kids have told them of how their mother lets her boyfriend beat them and the drug use and that she even buys cigerets and alcahol for the older kids( 15 and 16) yrs old. And DFS will only send my Ex to counceling.
Does anyone know how I can get my record cleared since these kids have come forward now. Is their anything else that I can do to help my kids. Their phone call are tearing me apart hearing all they are going through............Any place would be better for them then with her under those conditions.

Update on this I met with all of my kids im person. We had a great time. My little girl that I have never known is a sweety. She held on to me all day and told everyone we saw (even strangers) that "this is my daddy!!!" It was a very special day. 3 of my other kids dont even rember me as they were very young when they left. The 2 oldest boy have been in contact with me for about 3 years now both live outside of moms home and rearly see her. All of the young ones asked me if they could move in at my house. They didnt want to go back to mommys. The 2 youngest 10 and 13 cried when the had to go home. I shed a many tear myself.

Randy
In Missouri

socrateaser

You should take the oldest two children to a therapist and have him/her discuss the issues and confirm that the children are telling the truth and are not being coerced into doing so. Then, you can file a motion with the criminal court to have your convictions set aside on grounds that the children were coercefd into lying by their mother, assuming that the kids with testify to this.

Assuming that you convince the criminal court of your innocence, then you can return to civil court and use the kids' testimony in criminal court to show that the mother has perjured herself in family court and that she has routinely acted against he child(ren)'s best interests by alienating them from their father. This should be sufficient to get a reversal of custody.

In the future, please observe the mandatory forum guidelines or I will not respond to your post.