Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 07:34:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Right of First Rufusal

Started by jpantel, Oct 30, 2004, 11:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpantel

My ex and I went to court last week and the judge ordered a Right of First Rufusal clause. Its states that if either parent is going to be away for more then a 4 hour time period that the other parent notify the other parent to see if they would like to watch the child. My ex less then one week from the order is already not following that portion of the order. I have caught her out at 11:45 PM at a friend of hers house that she go's to all the time. "Party House" She is only 21 and I am 23.

I am in the state of California.

My question is: what is the best way for me to proove she is disobeying that portion of the order as well as my best chance to get her in contempt of not following the Right of First refusal?

Thank You,
Joe

socrateaser

>My question is: what is the best way for me to proove she is
>disobeying that portion of the order as well as my best chance
>to get her in contempt of not following the Right of First
>refusal?

Who cares for the child when the mother goes to the "party house?"

jpantel

She leaves our son with her step sister whom she lives with or her boyfriends sister or anyone she can find.

socrateaser

Well, it doesn't appear that any of the people that the child's mother leaves the child with would make a good witness for you to use as evidence of a contempt, so, I don't think you have any easy way to prove your case. You could hire a private investigator to surveil the mother and log her time whereabouts when she's without the child, but that would cost a fortune.

I don't really have any good suggestions for you, at the moment.

jpantel

I figured that this would be a hard one to prove. I guess all that I can do is document everytime I feel that she is disobeying the order and keep a paper trail of events. And as they add up maybe something else will happen, such as another violation of our custody order that this can just be more to add on top of it.

If you do think of anything please let me know.

Thanks Soc.