Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 02:30:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Please help me with this situation

Started by reellis527, Dec 29, 2005, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reellis527

I am the CP of a four year old female who over the last year displayed questionable behavior such as sudden bed wetting, "touching" herself, night terrors, and moodiness.  Me and the NCP had 50/50 physical custoday at the time, I immeditaely requested full custody because something was going on, he never showed up at court and I won custody with every other weekend to him.

Just recently daughter has begin displaying those same behaviors again after spending an extended amount of time to NCP during the holidays.  She stated she slept in the bed with "robin" and NCP one night and the next night she slept with NCP and "Khea" and that she couldn't tell them about each (in a four year old words of course)

I am pissed!

1) Can I request he have no overnight visitation and maybe even supervised until she has her evaluations with the doctors I am taking her to?

2) I am still within the 30 day time to file an exemption to the order, should I and how do I? (maryland)

3) Any other advise would be helpful...

socrateaser

>I am the CP of a four year old female who over the last year
>1) Can I request he have no overnight visitation and maybe
>even supervised until she has her evaluations with the doctors
>I am taking her to?

You can request anything you want. File an emergency ex parte motion for a temporary order restraining the other parent from coming into contact with the child, on grounds that the child is in severe distress after visiting with the other parent.

You can and should notify the other parent in writing of your intent, and the time and day that to go into court for an emergency restraining order, and then show that notice to the court as part of your pleading. Based on what you're saying, it's probable that the other parent may not show and you will get your order.

>2) I am still within the 30 day time to file an exemption to
>the order, should I and how do I? (maryland)

I don't think that's the right move. If you reasonably believe that the child is being abused, then that's what you need to tell the court. Then, it's up to the other parent to appear and defend.

If you make a more typical motion taking exceptions to the existing order, then maybe you don't really think that there is an emergency, or that's what the court may believe.

Just call the courthouse and ask if there's a facillitator there who can help you file for an emergency domestic abuse restraining order.