Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 04:06:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Soc - went to court today.......

Started by dipper, May 15, 2006, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Soc,

Case in  VA.  Been divorced five years, remarried two.  When I remarried, my ex moved with my son two hours away.  Some issues that have concerned me are:  kicked out of school for discipline issues, criminal charges, severely burned, and recently - kicked out of apartment.

Went to court in January and GAL didnt really take a stand...he was okay with son living with me, but didnt make a recommendation for that.  Son wanted to live with me, but judge felt son was manipulative.

BM's attorney has put off signing court order - until two weeks ago when my attorney filed for a motion to reconsider.   Within days, the court order was signed and sent on.   This worked in our favor, as judge stated today that had they signed the order, this would have had to be appealed.

Today, the judge awarded me custody of my son!  The GAL spoke up and strongly urged the judge to reverse custody.   I never even spoke, my son and BM testified.   BM actually did herself in by bragging about how her parents do so much for son.  The judge informed her that it is not a case of me versus her parents...but me versus her.

She also spoke of searching for a new place to live..only to be questioned and discovered that she is looking at places that cost 200 - 300 more than what she could not afford before.

My son does have to finish out school there as it is so late in the year and he just switched schools, but once school is out, he comes to me.  And school time in June counts as part of her summer visitation.

I am sure I will have more questions for the imminent appeal, but for now I just wanted to give you a

BIG THANK YOU

Your guidance has been a tremendous aid in my success so far!