Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 03:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KS Child Support

Started by KSStepmom, Nov 07, 2006, 06:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSStepmom

This is a Kansas case. All parties (NCP, CP, and child live in KS)  There is just one kid resulting from the marriage that divorced in 1993.

16 year old kid has lived with parent A for 10 years; visitation with parent B. Kid gets in trouble and grounded for serious internet sex and cell phone sex with men 25+ and then runs away to parent B. Parent B wants to keep kid now; kid refuses to speak or visit parent A because she is "mad" she says.  

Parents cannot work out child support.  Parent A does worksheet taking into consideration their combined incomes of 4,100 per month, cost of health benefits paid by A at $50 per mnth, and uses Multiple Family Application using the 4-child table because Parent A has 3 children with his second wife.  

1.  Do you think the multiple family application is "discretionary" under these particulars?

2.  Can parent B legally say parent A cannot see or talk to kid because kid is "mad" at parent A?

socrateaser

>1.  Do you think the multiple family application is
>"discretionary" under these particulars?

I don't know KS support law, however, this issue is irrelevant, if your goal is to get the kid back. File a motion with the court to enforce custody and have the court order the child returned to you.

As for how much support should be paid under KS law, without my reading the statutes and case law interpreting your facts, I can't give any solid advice. You'll need to ask a local attorney.

>
>2.  Can parent B legally say parent A cannot see or talk to
>kid because kid is "mad" at parent A?

See above.